Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » weird discharge and body aches.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: weird discharge and body aches.
slipperysoap
Neophyte
Member # 107471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for slipperysoap     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

I have a few concerns. This month has bene really weird considering my menstrual cycle. Sorry for the gross detail but here goes: I usually notice frequent vaginal discharge during one cyle. This time around, I've been very dry since my period. I had my period on the 1st/2nd of May (depending on when you consider day one. spotting on the 1st, heavy period on the 2nd). And technically I'm close to ovulation right now. No vaginal discharge until today after a work out - I got what appeared to be really thick, sticky stuff that clung to my panty liner. It also had some strings of blood and seemed kind of brownish pink in colour. Is this normal? Blood during ovulation? I can't recall this happening before but lately i've become much more aware of my body and so I htink i'm noticing things that I just never noticed before.

I'm experincing:
Bloating.
A subtle pain in my lower abdomen, right around my hip bones.
Weird breasts. My nipples get hard whenever something does so much as craze them. Which i think are a product of ovulation, but i dont know. I just feel weird and with this weird discharge, i'm paranoid that theres something wrong with me.

Does anyone have any insight on this?

Posts: 7 | From: in space | Registered: May 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi slipperysoap,

It's not uncommon for a cycle to be different every once in a while, or, for some people, there's a lot of variation with each cycle. While the hormones basically do the same things each cycle, their levels can vary, leading to different bodily symptoms, types of discharge, etc. How long have you had this abdominal pain?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
slipperysoap
Neophyte
Member # 107471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for slipperysoap     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just a few days. It seems to have subsided today. And theres more of that weird thick discharge except today it seemed more liquidy.

I'm also left feeling a little sick after situations like being in a stuffy car or waking up from a nap.

Do you think this all just ovulation being a little extra hard on me this month?

Posts: 7 | From: in space | Registered: May 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jacob at Scarleteen
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 66249

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jacob at Scarleteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey slippery soap,

It could be indeed. As per our article on discharge: http://www.scarleteen.com/article/body/honorably_discharged_a_guide_to_vaginal_secretions what you described doesn't fall into the description of worrisome discharge, it seems as though it's coming out a little brownish as if you were near your period but not at the time you'd usually expect it.

I'd say this is probably indeed just some variation on your menstrual cycle, for any of the number of reasons that happens.

Posts: 694 | From: Leeds UK | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.