Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » my amazing boyfriend has an awful ex who i feel bad about?!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: my amazing boyfriend has an awful ex who i feel bad about?!
mycatisfat333
Neophyte
Member # 107856

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mycatisfat333         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay so at the start of last years school year, I met a girl who I had several classes with. Her name was Katie and she was nice enough. Well I thought. She was extremely clingy and seemed to be a major drama queen but I just guessed that she really wanted to be friends with me so I brushed it aside. She had a boyfriend called Cameron who she constantly complained about. I asked her why she didnt she just dump him if she wasn't happy but she said she wanted him and several guys: all at once. She texted and hung out with other guys and never told Cameron. She later went on to cheat on him with seven different guys, including an 18 year old. I was aware she was cheating on him and I didn't think it was right at all but I couldn't do anything cos I didn't know him.
Anyway and so Katie seemed to think her and I were friends but I don't mean to sound mean but I couldn't stand her. She wasn't nice. At all. She was a drama queen and a lier. When she found out that i wear a hearing Aid, she went on for ages saying she needed one but couldnt afford it( yet she went shopping every weekend?) She would make up stuff for the attention. She told my sister she had an eating disorder and that she hasn't told anybody and then about a month after she told her that, Katie told me the exact same thing and asked for me not to tell anybody. I then asked my friends if Katie had good them that and turns out she has said it to me, my sister and another girl. It just made me realise she was an attention seeker and a bad influence. My mom believed she was Bringing my self esteem down and she was right. Katie constantly talked only about herself and everything HAD to be about her or she would get upset like crazy; she wouldn't leave me alone at school. Constantly she was texting me and calling and never leaving me alone.
One time she couldn't find me at lunch so she called me four times and sent me 7 texts. One night she face book messaged me 8 times in a night just saying hey. She made me feel bad about my self and she had no idea what it was doing to me. Basically it was a toxic friendship. Although I doubt you could even call it a friendship. Anyway and so one day; I found out she was moving. To Australia. In a month. I know that this sounds extremely mean but I was so pleased because I had never had the guts to tell her I didn't like her and disapproved of what she did, so I thought I would have a way out now. I decided to be friends with her until she left just so it wouldn't cause drama. As much as I disliked her, I didn't want to hurt her feelings.
Anyway and so one day; I found out she was moving. To Australia. In a month. I know that this sounds extremely mean but I was soo we were all sweet and life was good for me cos she was moving and one day she informed me that she had once again cheated on Cameron. Her plan was to keep dating him when she moved although he would be in New Zealand and she would be Australia. I don't know what happened that day but I snapped. I realised how wrong it was of Katie to be cheating on Cameron and although I didn't know him at the time; I felt deeply sorry for him as he was unaware what was happening. Anyway and then a few days later, Katie told me she was going to dump him so she could date this other guy. I was shocked but pleased that at least she was going to stop cheating on him. Aha. But oh no, she wanted me to tell him it was over.
Me?! I didn't even like Katie and I didn't know Cameron at this point so I was like what the heck. But then I realised it was probably best I told him cos I knew Katie would be really harsh towards him. But then she decided to tell him so she Texted him saying it was over. and So I texted him and explained she had been cheating on him ( she told me not to tell him that but I think he deserved to know ) and I told him he could do so much better than somebody like that and etc. Anyway he was really upset and stuff and I tried to be there for him as much as I possibly could. Anyway. A few days before a week before Katie was moving to Australia, she told me that ACTUALLY she wanted to get back with Cameron. When Cameron found this out, he was upset and annoyed. Katie had completely screwed him over and everybody knew she had cheated on him. Anyway so I completely ignored Katie for the duration of the time she had left at school and the whole last week she was there: rumours were flying left and right. She had told people I had broken them up and all this awful stuff. Needless to say: I was extremely upset. Cameron and I began to become a lot closer and I had this massive crush on him. And then on Katie's last day in New Zealand; she came up to me on the field during physical education and said that Cameron and her were getting back together and that I was a fat bitch and all of this awful stuff. I just walked off. I decided to be the stronger person so I walked off. That was the last time I saw her.
When she left New Zealand; I felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders because she couldn't be mean to me anymore. About a month after Katie had left; Cameron told me he had feelings for me. About 3 weeks later; he asked me out. I said yes. He asked me out on the 20th November 2012. And here I am now. Nearly nine months with him and I'm so in love. We are honestly so happy together. He is leaving next year to join the army but we will make things work. He's my boyfriend, best friend, rock and other half. I constantly can't describe how much he means to me. He is my Prince Charming and he's exactly what I wanted and needed in my life. <3 in a weird way I'm kind of grateful for Katie though; I wouldn't know Cameron if it wasn't her. And to be honest I feel sorry for her. I think she had a few problems considering she was like a compulsive lier and everything [Frown]

Anyway, I always feel bad when I think about her. I don't even know why I just want to break down and cry. I feel bad. I feel as if people wish they were still together and I'm sick of everybody saying that I broke them up. She spread rumors around saying I broke them up but I didn't. I haven't talked to her since she moved but I often find myself googling her twitter, tumblr, ask.fm, facebook and youtube. It's gotten to the point where I am asking for advice on here. My family and friends tell me to get over her and stuff but I just can't. [Frown] I always compare myself to her and it is awful [Frown] also, does anybody know how to block specific things from being searched up on google?? i want to block her name so i won't be able to google her tumblr etc anymore! please help, it is honestly eating me up...she made me feel awful [Frown]

Posts: 20 | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, let's sum up:

you think about Katie a lot and compare yourself to her.

You're worried because some people have told you that they think you broke Katie and Cameron up.

You think that some people wish that Katie and Cameron were still together.

Your family and friends are telling you to stop thinking about her, but you feel like you just can't.

You're wondering if there's a technical way for you to stop yourself from searching for her. I don't know if there is or not (you could google that) but I think you're going to have to do this the good old-fashioned way.

That is, I think the only way to stop looking for Katie online is to decide that you're going to stop doing it.

It sounds like this has become a habit, so it might not be easy at first.

Do you feel like you could make up your mind to stop searching for her social media posts and anything else you've been looking at?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.