Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Just a few questions i can't really ask just anyone.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Just a few questions i can't really ask just anyone.
arrestomomentum
Activist
Member # 98264

Icon 1 posted      Profile for arrestomomentum     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, i did a little thinking, and i would just like to ask some things are a little on the edge of the things that do and do not pose pregnancy risks, and i really can't take this out in an actual doctor's clinic without being laughed at. It suuuucks.

1.) In the article "pregnancy scared", it mentions that a pregnancy cannot occur when it is only dry sex, manual sex, oral sex, and kissing.

During dry sex (with clothes on), what if a partner ejaculates in his pants? What if that fluid seeps through two pairs of underwear and two pairs of denim? What if that fluid seeps all the way into a woman's vulva? Should that pose a high pregnancy risk? Also, is it possible for just one ejaculation for that to happen, or should it take more than just that to pose an actual pregnancy risk?

Another follow up question, what if the same situation above happens, but just with precum?

2.) After oral sex, a partner ejaculates a little in the mouth of his partner and also all over his chest while his partner is wearing only two layers of clothing. One of them being denim.

What if a little drop of semen gets on the clothing, but not directly on the crotch area. Say, the part where the legs connect to the hip, right beside the front of the pelvic bone area.

If the semen were to be absorbed by the denim, would some of it be able to seep through the underwear and into the vulva?

In addition to both questions, would the risk of pregnancy be significantly higher if the woman was on her ovulation day?

Thank you [Smile]

--------------------
Wiz the Wizard! with a possible mental problem

Posts: 52 | From: Philippines | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HI arrestomomentum,

First of all, doctors hear all sorts of questions. Unless your doctor or other healthcare providers have laughed at you before, which would be highly unprofessional of them, there's no reason to assume that they'll laugh at you. Again, healthcare providers tend to hear everything. [Smile]

In answer to your questions, if there were exceptions to dry sex or oral sex not posing a risk, we would have made those clear in the articles.

The scenarios you describe are not at all likely to present pregnancy risks.

Are these scenarios you've experienced recently? If these are just what-ifs, I don't think discussing them is at all helpful to you.

If you are still engaging in types of sexual activity that make you nervous, what do you think about not engaging in those activities anymore?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
arrestomomentum
Activist
Member # 98264

Icon 1 posted      Profile for arrestomomentum     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, it kinda sucks having people from health services laugh at you and pull fast ones making you believe that youre at risk of pregnancy from situations like these. I guess you get what you pay for at a free clinic :/

Okay, so, in those exceptions, if semen were to seep through, that would be "a bare vulva being exposed to semen?"

Thanks a lot for your help here, though. My country doesn't offer sex education as detailed as this. That's depressing. :/ [Smile]

--------------------
Wiz the Wizard! with a possible mental problem

Posts: 52 | From: Philippines | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(I'd just add that I'd disagree you get what you pay for. Plenty of free clinics around the world are fantastic, with great healthcare providers. Some private doctors whose price tags are steep are terrible. I'd say the cost of healthcare more often than not doesn't reflect its quality.)

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, when we're talking about direct contact, we're talking about direct contact, not about semen seeping through anything.

Again, though, I think it is more productive to talk about where these questions are coming from. That is, are these situations you've experienced recently, or are they things that you're just wondering about?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.