Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Mooncup removal (major TMI)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mooncup removal (major TMI)
Burdened with glorious booty
Activist
Member # 93241

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Burdened with glorious booty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey. I decided to buy a mooncup a few weeks ago, and this is the first period in which I've been able to use it. I have to say that I really like it so far, because of how comfortable and such is is, but I've found one major flaw with it - removing the damn thing.

It's not that I can't remove it, and putting it in is fine. It's just that when I remove it, it really hurts. It's perfectly fine until I have to remove the rim at the top, at which point I find that it's wider than the opening to my vagina normally is, and so that bit where I'm working it out does hurt. Is there something I'm doing wrong here? Anything I can do to make it easier on myself?

--------------------
Ta-da!

Posts: 130 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Onionpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Derpy! Firstly, are you making sure to breathe deeply and relax as you're doing it? If you're anticipating pain that can make you tense up and can cause more pain, so that might be an issue here. Make sure to get into a comfortable position, take deep breaths, try to mentally calm down. I know how hard it is when experience has taught you that something is going to be painful, but if you haven't tried focusing on relaxing yet, that'd be something to try. Also, have you tried using lube? That can help to make removal a lot easier, too. So if you haven't tried one or both of those things, that'd be a place to start [Smile]

And by the way, no need to worry about TMI! [Smile]

[ 02-16-2013, 07:26 PM: Message edited by: Onionpie ]

Posts: 1311 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's been a while since I've used one of those but I think I found it was more comfortable if I partially folded it when removing it, just like you fold it up when inserting it. I guess it might increase the risk of messiness a bit by doing this, but I didn't really notice a problem.

I definitely second Onionpie's suggestion to breathe and relax as much as possible. It took me a few cycles to get really into using the mooncup and learning to relax while inserting and removing it did make a difference for sure.

Posts: 1346 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cricket
Activist
Member # 96015

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cricket     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I second what Molias said, I use a Divacup and I always fold it partially as I remove it. I haven't found it to increase messiness much as long as I do it gently, and being gentle in removing a cup seems like the way to go anyway.
Posts: 62 | From: California | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alexalex
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 100767

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alexalex     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can also "bear down" a little as you remove it (like what women do when they're giving birth, and similar to what you do when you're takin' a poo) and that'll help the muscles of your vagina "push" it out. To help find the muscles, make yourself fake-cough a little and you'll feel them push out a bit. But definitely try folding a bit- as long as you're over a toilet, sink, or shower, it's not too big a deal if it's messy.
Posts: 30 | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.