Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » I need SERIOUS help please. I BLUSH at random times for no reason!?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I need SERIOUS help please. I BLUSH at random times for no reason!?
BellaMenina
Neophyte
Member # 102177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BellaMenina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay first thing's first, this has NEVER happened to me.
I started school 1 week ago and since I started school I am constantly blushing.
I cannot stand this, I even blush in front of my parents!
Like, what is going on with me?!
Just the thought of people looking at me when I talk makes me blush.
Even at dinner.
We're eating and I start speaking and BAM I blush.
What could be wrong with me?
What can I do to stop this I mean this really just started last week.
I want this to go away. :'[
I'm 20 years old by the way.

Posts: 19 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smittenkitten
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2297

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smittenkitten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Bella,

Welcome to Scarleteen [Smile]

I can't say what is causing your blushing. Unfortunately I think this problem is outside the scope of our service. I would urge you to go and see your doctor as it's obviously embarrassing and even traumatic for you.

I'm wondering what strategies do you have in place to help you calm down when it happens? Maybe you would find it helpful to try some breathing techniques or meditation.

Marion

Posts: 465 | From: Canberra, ACT, Australia | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
copper86
Peer Ambassador
Member # 95710

Icon 1 posted      Profile for copper86     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

I understand how you feel. I used to blush more often when I was younger and in high school. It was difficult if I was with people and I didn't want them to see me. I blushed when I was embarrassed or when I was around the guy I liked, so it was sometimes uncomfortable.

I know this won't be much comfort now, but I noticed that, over the years, I've stopped blushing as much. I blush sometimes when I'm embarrassed, but not as often. I agree with smittenkitten about breathing techniques, or maybe calming yourself down if you're embarrassed or when you feel a blush is coming. Feeling bad about it might just make you more upset. Blushing is something that happens to a lot of people - please don't feel alone. Take care of yourself!

--------------------
"I do the best that I can. I'm just what I am." - Rush (Best I Can)

Posts: 692 | From: Canada | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BellaMenina
Neophyte
Member # 102177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BellaMenina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks you two. It makes me feel better that there are other people out there suffering and not just me.
Posts: 19 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alexalex
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 100767

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alexalex     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not much of a blusher, but when I do, I do it hard! And then of course I can feel it and that makes it worse, and so on...

if you see a doctor and he concludes that it's nothing to be worried about, you may want to simply try wearing a little foundation or powder on your cheeks :-) Then you'll know, when you're blushing, that it's not as visible and that might help keep you from getting into the "blushing loop".

Also know that to a lot of people (including guys), blushing is very cute and endearing ;-) That's why people wear blush, haha. So try to laugh it off and hopefully as you become more comfortable with it, it will stop happening so much.

Posts: 30 | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Burdened with glorious booty
Activist
Member # 93241

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Burdened with glorious booty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a very pink-faced person - I always have slightly rosy cheeks (I'm blonde and very pale, so it usually makes me look quite cute), but when I get too warm or I exert myself, then my whole face goes pink. Unfortunately, the same thing applies to my mum, so I know it's an inherited trait and there's little I could do about it. People tend to find it cute though, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

--------------------
Ta-da!

Posts: 130 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.