Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » brown discharge

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: brown discharge
MaddleyLove
Activist
Member # 102003

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MaddleyLove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi! [Smile]

is it possible to have some spotting two days after fingering due to that fingering? this is just slightly worrying me [Smile]

Thanks!

Posts: 199 | From: Scotland | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, if during fingering, a person wound up with a scratch or abrasion, which will tend to happen if lube or enough lube wasn't used, a person wasn't aroused enough, or their partner wasn't wearing gloves or at least didn't clip and file their nails first.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaddleyLove
Activist
Member # 102003

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MaddleyLove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
even two days later? my discharge was completely normal yesterday, and the fingering happened the day before [Big Grin]
Posts: 199 | From: Scotland | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Perhaps, but maybe it's due to something else? Like, a period on the way, a recent period, an infection...?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaddleyLove
Activist
Member # 102003

well no to the period, not due for another two weeks or so... I did actually wonder bout an infection tho... don't know if its related but I hurt my leg sledging on Friday eve and on sunday it had spread to my groin area, like it reaaalllly hurt :/ went off some, still hurts a little sometimes when I walk, ive been ill with a cough the past few days, on Sunday night the dull achey pain was in both legs, and my stomach felt abit achey too... :/ those could just be symptoms of the cold ive got tho, I guess [Smile]
Heather
Member # 3

So, maybe you give this a couple days.

Then, if it's still going on, or you're still feeling crap in other ways, you check in with a healthcare provider, okay?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

MaddleyLove
Activist
Member # 102003

okay [Smile]
any ideas on what it could be?

Heather
Member # 3

I just couldn't possibly know that. I suggested the various possibilities already, but no one who isn't examining you in person could say more than that with any accuracy.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

MaddleyLove
Activist
Member # 102003

alrighty then, thanks [Smile]

I actually get abit nervous about seeing the doctor, shes very direct, alright as far as nice goes I suppose, and im always convinced she'll say im dying or something [Razz]

any advice on getting away from this fear?

Heather
Member # 3

A doctor who tells a patient they are dying when they're not would not only be making one of the biggest breaches of ethics possible, they might as well sign over every dime they made for you because that's HUGE medical malpractice.

In a word, I hear you're afraid of that, but that's not a reasonable fear, at all, because that is not going to happen. So, you need to recognize that's profoundly irrational and let go of it.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

MaddleyLove
Activist
Member # 102003

yeah, I realise that :/

I just have this massive problem, always have, of overanalysing anything, worrying about everything, and I realise these feelings are irrational :/ im in the processes of getting some counselling though, so hopefully ill recover [Smile]

Heather
Member # 3

Great! [Smile]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

MaddleyLove
Activist
Member # 102003

any tips on letting go of unhealthy fears? [Smile]
Heather
Member # 3

Really, when a person has a serious problem with very irrational fears and thoughts, it's not one of these things where someone like me, in a medium like this, can give them "tips" likely to do much.

Rather, when someone is suffering from ongoing, persistent irrational fears and phobias, that's when they need to connect with a mental health professional and work with them.

It's simply something that's not only way outside our scope as a sexuality education service, but is also outside my own training and education, and not at all something well-suited for a public medium like this.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

MaddleyLove
Activist
Member # 102003

just remembered that I took EC last month, only for a situation involving fingering [Razz] I had what seemed like a normal period after that, but could this be an ongoing effect of that? when I just went to the bathroom the bleeding was slightly heavier, a spot of bright red blood [Smile]
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It certainly could be.

What do you think about what Heather said above re working with a professional on irrational fears?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaddleyLove
Activist
Member # 102003

its really worrying me now it was just brown yesterday, and now its actual blood, im really scared :/

just got a letter through to say im on a waiting list for CBT, so hopefully thatll be good [Smile]

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, maybe it's your period come early to surprise you.

If this is causing you this much anxiety, it seems well worth it to check in with your healthcare provider and talk with them about what is going on.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaddleyLove
Activist
Member # 102003

what if its not my period? :'((

im too scared- i dont want to turn out pregnant :'(

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

If you haven't engaged in sexual activity that can lead to pregnancy, then that's just not possible.

Since this bleeding is continuing and you're worried about the cause, your best option is to make an appointment with your healthcare provider.

--------------------
Robin

MaddleyLove
Activist
Member # 102003

its like a heavy period now, but without cramps... im really frightened :'(
Heather
Member # 3

It seems to me it might BE your period.

But if you feel scared and are sure it isn't, and this continues to scare you, I'd say it's time now to go see a healthcare provider, okay? because really, there's nothing much we can do for you as we can't possibly know what's going on for sure online.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.