Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Cervix

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cervix
BBB23
Neophyte
Member # 100622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BBB23     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi there, I have a question about the cervix... I know it's supposed to retract when a person is aroused but recently I even gave myself an orgasm but when I put my fingers in, I could still feel my cervix. Is it possible that my cervix won't retract for me?
Posts: 12 | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eryn_smiles
Peer Ambassador
Member # 35643

Icon 1 posted      Profile for eryn_smiles         Edit/Delete Post 
Did your cervix seem to be at the same position as when you're not aroused? It could be that your cervix retracted a certain amount but you could still feel it higher up? Is this something you notice during sex with a partner?

--------------------
"Caring for myself is not self-indulgence, it is self-preservation and that is an act of political warfare."

Audre Lorde

Posts: 1326 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smittenkitten
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2297

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smittenkitten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi BBB,

While the shape and function of our sexual organs is generally similar, there are variations between everyone.

Did you experience any pain or tenderness when you touched your cervix? I wouldn't worry too much about its position unless it's causing you discomfort during sex.

Marion

Posts: 465 | From: Canberra, ACT, Australia | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BBB23
Neophyte
Member # 100622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BBB23     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you both for your replies! I'm sorry I didn't see them earlier. My boyfriend and I haven't yet engaged in penetrative intercourse but the idea that him hitting cervix (i.e. something going wrong the first time) was partly holding me back. I really appreciate your answers [Smile]
Posts: 12 | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BBB23
Neophyte
Member # 100622

Also no there was no pain at all!
BBB23
Neophyte
Member # 100622

So, from reading your replies I'm wondering that if, even if I can feel my cervix after masturbation/arousal it may not necessarily be a problem during actual intercourse? I'm sorry for asking so many questions but its just something that makes me extremely nervous about my first time with boyfriend! I appreciate all the help I'm getting! [Smile]
Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Onionpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well everyone's bodies differ, as Marion said. And during any sex, including vaginal intercourse, it's important to keep that in mind and thus prepare for and respond to differences like that. In other words, if you put aside thinking about doing it "right" or "put tab A into slot B", and instead leave room for "well tab A doesn't quite go into slot B at every angle" or one of the million other variations that happen during sex, there should be no reason for any kind of sex you have to "go wrong" [Smile]

It's all about enjoying your body with your partner, doing things -- and discovering the things -- that feel comfortable and good for both of you. There's no "wrong" way to do it, and I think it might make you feel a lot less nervous and even enjoy yourself more if you try to let go of the idea that it might not "work the right way" and instead embrace any way that works for YOU [Smile]

[ 01-22-2013, 07:37 PM: Message edited by: Onionpie ]

Posts: 1311 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BBB23
Neophyte
Member # 100622

Thank you so much for that! I think I really needed to hear that [Smile]

I've also realized that maybe having a talk with my partner about this anxiety might help as well.

Thank you to all of you again, I really appreciate it!

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.