Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Nightmares

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Nightmares
Kaylabear00
Neophyte
Member # 101083

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kaylabear00         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, I've been having nightmares consistently every night for the past few weeks. It's not fun because I'll wake up in the middle of the night terrified or in the morning crying [Frown] I haven't been eating before bed and sometimes I'm not even hungry for dinner, so late eating shouldn't be the cause. I've had dreams of my grandpa dying, my boyfriend going off to war and never coming back, my dog getting stuck in the dryer, being pregnant (which I'm not), me getting held hostage at the mall. I don't know what to do because I feel like I'm never getting a peaceful nights sleep because of these nightmares and i don't know what to do [Frown]

[ 02-18-2013, 11:24 AM: Message edited by: Kaylabear00 ]

Posts: 6 | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alas, sleep disorders are simply way outside what we do here are a sexuality education organization and service.

It sounds like you've had weeks now of interrupted sleep. Do you have access to general healthcare? If so, then I'd say it's time to check in with your doctor about this so they can help you figure out what's going on.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67046 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
copper86
Peer Ambassador
Member # 95710

Icon 1 posted      Profile for copper86     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so sorry that you are suffering with nightmares. I get those myself, and I know what it's like to wake up gasping, scared, and feeling overall crappy. I'm not sure if this will apply to you or not - and if it doesn't, I'm not trying to force anything on you, so please do not worry - but praying before bed makes me feel better about falling asleep. It gives me peace. Try to think of good, pleasant thoughts before bed (and when it's maybe an hour or so before bed, and in your getting-ready routine before actually getting into bed). I always put stories together in my head before bed (for example, if I have a crush on an actor, I pretend him and I are hanging out or I'm hanging out with his character he is playing on the TV show in which he's in), so I fall asleep thinking about things I like. I've read that warm milk (with honey?) before bed helps, too. Above all, remember that these are only dreams: try to distract yourself with happy thoughts if you keep thinking about them. What are you looking forward to in the future (birthdays, dates, social events, movies)? Think of those things instead of the dreams. I know that's easier said than done, but it might help you. I hope you feel better soon, and more rested. [Smile]

--------------------
"I do the best that I can. I'm just what I am." - Rush (Best I Can)

Posts: 692 | From: Canada | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.