Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Pill making me 2 wet?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pill making me 2 wet?
xoxHayleyBabeyxox
Neophyte
Member # 93984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for xoxHayleyBabeyxox     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I changed pill brands about 2 years ago. Before I used to be more on the dry side, occasionally had to use lube or sex would be uncomfortable.

Now it seems things have totally changed and I'm WAY to wet. I know a lot of people wouldn't consider this a problem but it has definetly become a problem for me. I get wet enough when not aroused that sometimes I worry I'm after getting my period when my underwear get really wet but the main problem has been getting WAY to wet during sex.

Before we've even gotten to the intercourse part my underwear are soaking and often goes through to my pants and end up with a big wet patch on my pants. Always leave a big wet patch on the sheets. I get so wet that there's no friction anymore when I have sex, I can't feel anything and my partner often can't come because of this. We try stopping and drying me off but 2 seconds later I'm soaking wet again so it's pointless.

It's really embarasing. I know there are other ways to make him come and other ways he can pleasure me but it's frustrating because this hasn't always been a problem and I miss enjoying intercourse and knowing my partner is too.

I'm not positive the changes started when I switched pill brands but I'm pretty sure this started around the same time. Could this be the problem? It's making me really insecure and I feel like I'm too loose down there.....hoping this is only because I'm so wet that I feel looser.......

Any advice? Should I try a different pill brand? This problem started when I was around 19...could it be something to do with age?

Posts: 27 | From: Rockin the nation from a secret location | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xoxHayleyBabeyxox
Neophyte
Member # 93984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for xoxHayleyBabeyxox     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Also forgot to mention..have tried a couple of different pill brands and kept having problems with irregular bleeding so my doctor put me on a pill with a high level of something...I can't remember what it was though....to stop this. Could this be the problem?

As in if I go back to a pill with a lower level of whatever chemical or hormone that was would it solve the problem?

Posts: 27 | From: Rockin the nation from a secret location | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You've first been checked to make sure the change in discharge isn't something like a bacterial infection?

Yes, it could have something to do with your age, in terms of coming towards the end of puberty, but I'd also want to first make sure we're not talking about anything being the matter.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xoxHayleyBabeyxox
Neophyte
Member # 93984

Yeah I mentioned it at my last STI test but everything came back clear.
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And you mentioned this, period, to your prescribing physician? What did they say?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xoxHayleyBabeyxox
Neophyte
Member # 93984

The sti test was at a clinic and I mentioned it to the doctor there and they said everything was fine. Havn't talked about it with the doctor prescribing the pill for me though. I will at my next appointment when I run out and need another prescription but that's not going to be for awhile so kinda looking for some advice in the mean time I guess......it's really affecting my sex life and my confidence so if you think there's something that could be done about it or that changing to a different brand of the pill would help I'd just forget about finishing the packs I have and go back now and change brands. I don't have health insurance so just trying to avoid making extra doctor appointments......
Heather
Member # 3

Well, if they said everything looked fine and you also don't have any infections, I'm inclined to think this is just a change in your body that IS fine, and you're simply lubricating more than you're used to.

You can certainly ask about it again when you see your doctor, but how about we talk through some ways of adjusting in the meantime?

For instance, do you and your partner use condoms? If you don't, condoms will always add more friction if it's increased friction you both want.

have you also tried experimenting with positioning? It may be that you need to change up or adjust sexual positions to find those that work better with this change.

Pantiliners -- reusable or disposable -- are also something many people use to manage their discharges. They're a popular product for a reason, and you might find them to be something that works well for you, too.

I'm not sure I'm getting why you feel embarrassed about this, though: perhaps you can tell me more about that?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

xoxHayleyBabeyxox
Neophyte
Member # 93984

To be honest I think adjusting to this is going to be impossible. We've tried condoms and have tried different positions. This has been a problem for the past 2 years so I've tried everything I can think of. I use pantiliners sometimes but I'd be a lot happier if I didn't have to.......when I'm on my period is enough....I don't want to have to use them all month long :-(.

This problem is REALLY affecting me. I would literally try anything at this stage to sort it out.

I'm sick of having bad sex where I can't feel I thing. Can't even tell if he's inside me or not, slips out constantly because it's too wet and slippery. He can't stay hard because he can't feel anything either.

I usually have to take my pants off straight away if we're doing anything at all sexual because I'll be left with a big wet patch on them if I don't and if I'm staying at his house often wouldn't have a change of pants to put on afterwards.

I know guys like wet girls but this isn't "hot" wet this is just way too much, ruining sex for both of us, destroying my confidence. I don't even want to have sex anymore because of it. I can't go on like this....

[ 11-21-2012, 12:25 PM: Message edited by: xoxHayleyBabeyxox ]

Heather
Member # 3

Okay, here's the thing.

If what you're telling me here is that the biggest part of this is the psychological impact you have going on around this, then the answer is actually going to be to talk to the therapist or psychologist.

If you have seen sexual healthcare providers who have made clear that there isn't anything wrong, then I can know we're talking about normal body functions here. Might be new for you, but if you've gotten the all-clear from doctors around this, then you can be pretty sure there's nothing amiss here, and, just like a lot of people's bodies, this is probably something totally manageable and NOT a problem, except with the baggage it sounds like you both have going on around it.

On the other hand, if you think you and he can adjust your headspaces around this, we probably can brainstorm to make this all workable, since again, it is for any number of people. And I'm happy to do that with you in depth if you'd like.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Heather
Member # 3

I should also have added that if you have only checked this with the STI clinic, and also didn't give them all the details, they probably didn't do a specific examination into this, versus your STI status.

So, making the time and finding the $ to see a GYN about this specifically, if you haven't done so, sounds like it'd be more than worth your while, given how you are feeling about this.

(Also, sorry I missed it, but it's unlikely this is related to your birth control pill, particularly given that one of the ways the pill works is to thicken discharges.)

[ 11-21-2012, 12:37 PM: Message edited by: Heather ]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Heather
Member # 3

I'd also forgotten you'd asked about this in June, and I suggested seeing a healthcare provider specifically about it then, but you dropped off. So, really does seem like that's your best next step.

Also, as I recall you had a breakup this year: so is this a new partner, then?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

xoxHayleyBabeyxox
Neophyte
Member # 93984

I gave the STI clinic all the details....they said no infections. Same partner on and off for the past year but I've had this problem with everyone I've been with for the past 2 years. It isn't just with this guy.....
xoxHayleyBabeyxox
Neophyte
Member # 93984

Isn't one of the side effects of the pill dryness? I would prefer to be too dry and have to use lube all the time than what I'm dealing with now. If I changed brands might this be a possibility?
Heather
Member # 3

One of the *possible* side effects of the pill is vaginal dryness. But you are already on a pill, no?

Really, I am doubting there is anything to "fix" here save the ways you're thinking about it and approaching it, and maybe looking at what kinds of sex this feels like an issue with for you, and seeing if we can't get at more of the "why." (For instance, a LOT of people with vulvas feel little to nothing with vaginal intercourse, especially if that's the only thing or the main thing going on, etc.)

But again, the person to ask about this is your OB/GYN. They can look into it for you, they can determine if anything is wrong or not and, if you'd like to try switching pills to try and find one where one side effect it has on you is creating a drier vaginal environment, they're the ones to talk about that with you.

I'd say that something that has clearly been bothering you for two years, to this degree, is something worth the time and money to see a GYN about. I suggested it last time, I'll still suggest it now. Both to rule out anything actually being wrong -- like, for instance, sometimes cervical cancers are associated with watery discharge: not to scare you, but seriously, when you think something is wrong, if you CAN have it looked into, it's wise to -- and to have someone who can actually examine your body, and talk about options like your pill with you, if that is something that's a factor.

It also sounds to me like you're more interested in exploring a "fix" for this via something like your pill than talking about attitude changes and exploring different sexual approaches, which makes seeing a GYN make way more sense than working with us on this, since we can't do those things for you. Know what I mean?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

xoxHayleyBabeyxox
Neophyte
Member # 93984

Yeah I understand. I'll make an appointment. Thanks v.much for the advice though
Heather
Member # 3

Of course.

And when you have that appointment, I'd do your best to tell them everything you have talked about here, so they both know all the details, but also understand the extent of your distress with this. All of that will help them do their best job with this.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.