Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Keeping ring out of fridge?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Keeping ring out of fridge?
Kotori
Activist
Member # 17839

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Kotori     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey everyone! I am using Nuvaring and next month I will be travelling to India and staying there for one month - during which I will need to switch rings. I am not sure if I will be able to buy a ring while there so just in case I had thought of getting an extra one before going and taking it with me. However, will taking my ring on my luggage, on a ~20 hour flight (perhaps checked in, in any case not in a fridge), affect its efficacy later?
Thanks!!

Posts: 80 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kotori
Activist
Member # 17839

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kotori     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(Just realized I might not have chosen the best sub-forum for this by accident, I cannot delete so feel free to move it if required. Sorry!)
Posts: 80 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smittenkitten
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2297

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smittenkitten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Kotori,

According to the Nuvaring website, the Nuvaring stays in date for 4 months after removal the fridge. The remaining rings should be stored at room temperature (under 30C or 86F). So I'd say that it would depend on how hot it's going to be while you're traveling.

If you have any questions or concerns about your Nuvaring you can always ask your pharmacist or doctor too [Smile] .

Cheers,

Marion

Posts: 465 | From: Canberra, ACT, Australia | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.