Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » mirror mirror on the wall whos the ugliest of them all. ME

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: mirror mirror on the wall whos the ugliest of them all. ME
foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foreverbroken         Edit/Delete Post 
So i have been having a hard time with my self esteem. When ever I look in the mirror all i see is the nasty fat person looking back at me. I am scared to get close to someone because of the fear of being left and being rejected. I am having a hard time. I have been told a lot that I am not pretty enough to be with anyone and that my morals are to high. All i say is no sex before marriege. Fondling and what not is fine once I am comfortable. Do I need to lower my morals to get someone? Do i need to go on a crash diet and not eat anything and purge to get to be pretty so i am able to atract someone?

--------------------
Im always abandond

Posts: 363 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eryn_smiles
Peer Ambassador
Member # 35643

Icon 1 posted      Profile for eryn_smiles         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to hear that you're having a rough time lately. I think that considering some of the hard stuff you've been through in the past, it's pretty understandable that feeling good about yourself isn't easy. I'm not sure who has told you about not being pretty enough or having too much morals but those things aren't true. People of all sizes and shapes have great relationships. As well, many people set boundaries around partnerships like 'no intercourse before marriage'- I am sure that you could meet someone like that, if that's what you want. What would you say to your best friend, if she was asking questions like your last two sentences? Would you advise her to starve and purge?

When you get to see a counsellor or therapist, these are all useful things to bring up with them too. Self esteem is something that many of us struggle with from time to time.

--------------------
"Caring for myself is not self-indulgence, it is self-preservation and that is an act of political warfare."

Audre Lorde

Posts: 1326 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foreverbroken         Edit/Delete Post 
thanks ya i am going to see a conselor on the 4th I am really excited. She is a younger female so I will be able to open up to her. :)

--------------------
Im always abandond

Posts: 363 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.