Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Fortnightly Periods

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fortnightly Periods
angel2k12
Neophyte
Member # 96674

Icon 11 posted      Profile for angel2k12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My last period was two weeks early, and its now two weeks late and im in a lot of pain. Ive just moved back to my mums and its going to take a while for the gp to register me. I havent had my hpv jab or anything i feel ill and in pain [Frown]
Posts: 4 | From: London | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Let's see about getting a bigger picture here.

Over the last six months to a year, on what dates did you get your period? before then, had your periods been regular for a few years?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Also, what kind of pain are you experiencing, and how severe is it?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
angel2k12
Neophyte
Member # 96674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for angel2k12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I started off with my period coming on the 7th then after a few months it always came on 14th ish. I started the pill earlier this year becuse i had enetred a relationship and had bad period pains (should have mention that) then stopped in may (i think) because i was no longer in a relationship and indoors mostly also i have very bad memory due to mental disabilities it was one less thing to worry about, it was fine for a month or two and my periods were normal and painful then BOOM cant keep up with them. The feel like period pains sometimes then other times like stomak pains and cramps and im always out of energy.

[ 08-22-2012, 01:30 PM: Message edited by: angel2k12 ]

Posts: 4 | From: London | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

The thing about charting periods correctly, is that knowing the exact dates is important, because we chart accurately by knowing the number of days in each cycle. And if a period literally comes right at or around the same date of months and months, it's actually probably fairly irregular, since there aren't the same number of days in each month.

So, it sounds like you might actually have a history of irregular periods, rather than what's happened the last two cycles. Am I also getting that it sounds like you have a history of very painful periods, or pelvic or abdominal pain in general?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

angel2k12
Neophyte
Member # 96674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for angel2k12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, the have always been a few days late but never so close together. I had my period a week before i went on holiday so i didn't bring any pads, then on the second day on holiday it came again. Im 20 I havent have any of my hpv jabs and I sort of just stopped taking the pill with out seeing a doctor first because I had move and thought it would be ok :/ Ive also had anemia in the past but i wasn't due to heavy periods I just genrally have low levels of Iron but at this rate they are going to be very low. Plus Im a vegetarian so i take lots of supplements.
Heather
Member # 3

Unless you're simply not eating enough food, this likely isn't about your veg diet. Anemia, however, may be part of the extra pain you're having. It's also always okay to go off the pill unless you're being prescribed it for a medical condition.

Have you considered going to a Brook clinic for this kind of healthcare instead of waiting to get in the larger system? I believe they should be able to see you and help with this without your NHS registration change due to your move going through, but you can always call your local Brook clinic to ask and make sure before heading over.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

angel2k12
Neophyte
Member # 96674

I just looked up my local Brook, just a couple of Train stops away thanks [Smile]
Heather
Member # 3

Sweet! [Smile]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.