Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Waiting for test results....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Waiting for test results....
dancer594
Activist
Member # 28917

Icon 11 posted      Profile for dancer594     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello again!

Almost 2 weeks ago (Wed July 25,) I had a check up with my doctor... He performed my pap smear, and also did some blood work to check my thyroid because I have weird spotting between periods. He briefly mentioned that he would call me in a few days with the results. It's been almost 2 weeks and I haven't heard a word! Last time he called me 7 days after my exam to say everything turned out fine. Should I just assume no call means everything is fine this time? I would call te
Office and ask, but the office is through a HUGE hospital system, and it's always an automated message... :/ In
Checking my insurance online, no claims have been filed yet either... Do they have to wait for my insurance before they can give me my results?! I'm so confused and sick of waiting around [Frown]

Posts: 65 | From: U.S.A. | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Unfortunately, the only one who can tell you is your doctor's office. If he said you would be called with the results, it's safe to assume that their policy is to call you either way. That means that either your results are not ready yet, or somehow your call fell through the cracks. Either way, you'd best call them to find out.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.