Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » BAD Self Esteem

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: BAD Self Esteem
The Real Me
Activist
Member # 96324

Icon 9 posted      Profile for The Real Me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have bad self esteem and i try to not think so badly about myself but thats all i think. im about to be 16 on sunday july 29th, im 5ft 3in, long brown hair, brown eyes, 126 pounds, large chested, southern, a workoutaholic, and i always try hard. others say im pretty, nice, fun goin, and funny but in my eyes im ugly, stupid, fat, and somebody nobody likes, idk what to do anybody got ways to help with bad self esteem

[ 07-27-2012, 10:32 PM: Message edited by: SweetAsCandy ]

--------------------
*The Real Me*

Posts: 89 | From: Georgia, USA | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am sorry you are feeling so down on yourself, Sweet.

I know it can sometimes be really difficult to be nice to ourselves and see our positive sides. But maybe you can think of one or two things that you like about yourself, that you think are special and beautiful: something you are good at, a talent that you have, an aspect of your body you really like, anything.

Maybe we can also talk about where your ideas that you ugly or stupid come from. By whose standards are you judging? Has anyone ever said this about you before?

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9177 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Real Me
Activist
Member # 96324

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Real Me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thx. and a couple positive things are 1. I am a awesome hiphop dancer and even breakdance (i love dancin too) 2. I love my boobs and my lips. 3. i love how i am very responsible. But I cant think of much more.

And yes when i was young i always had people say very harsh things like those and even from my cousins, friends i had and bullies (ive dealt with bullies forever), and even family i was around about 24/7. i honestly think i was a mistake but i also know i am here for a reason.

--------------------
*The Real Me*

Posts: 89 | From: Georgia, USA | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sans
Peer Ambassador
Member # 91788

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sans     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, Angel Eyes. I'm really sorry to hear that people, especially those who were supposed to be supportive and loving of you, said such verbally abusive things to you! Your struggle with low self-esteem can likely be attributed to those awfully negative remarks that you were a recipient of when you were younger. It's perfectly understandable why you would be struggling.

I'm so glad that you can identify some positive points about yourself! Yay for you! Keep doing things that help you to feel good about yourself, help you to feel empowered, and help you to learn more about your positive points. This can help you to get a clear idea of your positive attributes, and help you to understand that the negative things said about you are not true at all. [Smile]

--------------------
"Sneak away, sneak away / If the fate is too sad / You are not a flower of hell / That kind of place... / Don't become lost, don't become lost... / Or you won't be able to grasp the entangled hand / The cry also has a limit...." - Naraku no Hana

Posts: 537 | From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Real Me
Activist
Member # 96324

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Real Me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Sans thank you so much!
And I am glad somebody understands it has always been touch for me.

--------------------
*The Real Me*

September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those are some pretty awesome positive things about you!

Do you take classes for your dancing? Do you ever dance with other people? Since this is something you feel so good about, I'm sure it would be good for your self esteem if you had the chance to develop your skills there, and get some support and recognition.

I am also sorry to hear that you have been exposed to so much bullying. That sounds really hard. Does this bullying still continue? Have you ever had the chance to talk to someone about what you've been through? If you'd like to work through that and unlearn some of those negative message you've internalized, your school counselor would be a great person to talk to.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

Posts: 9177 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Real Me
Activist
Member # 96324

Thx and ever since i was little i have always been really good at hiphop dance never really took any classes it just came naturally to me and i go solo when i dance. I do many compations and i have won many of them. Dance comes from my heart.

The bullying has gone on ever since i was little but it stopped about 2 monthes ago becuz this girl in the night school had me pinned to the wall hitting me and using very bad language towards me and for once i defended myself and faught back and she got kick out and i didnt get in trouble for only defending myself. I have been left alone ever since becuz people know i have the courage to defend myself and to speak up about it now.

--------------------
*The Real Me*

The Real Me
Activist
Member # 96324

I just need help findin positive things about myself its a big struggle

--------------------
*The Real Me*

September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Go you for taking part in competitions! That takes a lot of courage and confidence, and I am glad to hear that you recognize your talent and have so much joy with it.

I am also really glad to hear that you stood up to your bully and that she now no longer bothers you.

I don't know about you, but from where I'm sitting, it sounds like you're a very strong, driven, confident person. And all of those are great qualities to have!

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

The Real Me
Activist
Member # 96324

Well thank u i try hard in life i guess i need to see these in myself more and believe in who i am and love me for i am. thank u so much.

--------------------
*The Real Me*

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.