Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Dreams (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Dreams
Eclipse
Activist
Member # 2254

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eclipse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do you remember many of your dreams? Do you record them? Do you try to interpret them? Do you try to have dreams you'd like to have? Do you ever realize where you are when you're wandering the dreamworld?
Posts: 257 | From: Sarasota, FL | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eclipse
Activist
Member # 2254

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eclipse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Personally, I've kept dream journals sporadically since for six years, with a few records from before that. Sometimes they're two or three long dreams a night, titled and neatly dated, and sometimes the journals are ignored for months on end.

Most of my dreams, at least from the past year or so, involve traveling. Often just walking along a beach or going to the grocery store, but certainly lots of different places. Sometimes they're very mundane, and other times more fanciful. Sometimes they're both, like this one from 10/August/2001:

"I was going to catch a bus to go down to a city South of Sarasota. It was a long way from my house to the bus-stop, and when I got to the bus-stop, I realized that I'd forgotten my swimsuit. I ran all the way back home to get it and I would have made it back to the stop in time, but there was an evil plant growing in my room. It came in through a hole in the wall, was about 7" high andd almost black, with two sets of 3 scary black + red eyes. It was like something from X-Files. I stopped to look at it and worry about it and I didn't make it back to the bus stop in time..."

When I have nightmares, they're usually mild and involve being chased by vague people. I hope to finally confront one of these shadowy creatures next time. My worst nightmares, showing up very occasionally over the past 5 years, have been about getting pregnant and/or having a baby and losing it (to death/bandits/etc.) and then searching for it. I wake up from those dreams quite shaken. I'm not sure what the best way to resolve that sort of scenario is.

I think that dreams can be very valuable, especially learning to become lucid in them...a process that's not difficult per se so much as simply very demanding of one's discipline and patience.

Practicing things (juggling, public speaking, swimming, programming, calculus, music, art, organization, gymnastics, etc.) in dreams does actually improve your skill at doing them in real life. Aside from factors like increases in confidence and lack of pressure, performing a dream-action seems to trigger neural activity that's very similar to that employed in the same real-life action. That is, dream practicing strengthens the same mental connections that waking practicing does.

Posts: 257 | From: Sarasota, FL | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I often have very wierd and vivid dreams, but I don't keep a dream journal- I've tried, but I never end up recording them. I believe that interpreting your dreams can reveal things, but that this has to be a personal thing. No one can tell you what your dreams mean, although they can offer suggestions. I think that the interpretation process often reveals as much, if not more than the dream itself. And I don't think all dreams need to be interpreted- sometimes they are just a dream.

I had a dream the other morning that a friend of mine had aquired an initiation kit for boys' science clubs, and wanted all my friends to go over to his house and use it, but I had to go study.

Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eclipse
Activist
Member # 2254

<laughs> If they're not from the subconscious, where are they from?

I've never tried to "interpret" any of my dreams...I sort of assume that part of me already knows where they come from anyway. That is to say, I think that they're models of reality based entirely on internal information, and it's worthwhile to see what some of the information I have in there is.

Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Celtic Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I always remember my dreams, i write them down on my homepage, but i never try to interpret them. I've never ever ever known that i was dreaming while dreaming.

------------------
"A six foot tall anorexic bimbo,with plastic breasts is making me feel weird about my own body."
-Miss Bif Naked

Posts: 1747 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i am such a glutton or something. i've been having a lot of food dreams.

a few nights ago i dreamt i was in a vietnamese restaurant, ordering a bowl of soup. in vietnamese. btw, i don't know vietnamese.

------------------
| |: BGBGDGBG BGBGCGBG :| |

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ella
Activist
Member # 1168

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's funny cause when I was younger and had lots of nightmares I could always make myself wake up in them, could control my actions and to a certain extent others in my dream's actions. Now that I'm older I have dreams less frequently that I remember and I don't always know that they are dreams while I'm in them.

In Anthropology I read about a culture in which they always talk about their dreams in the morning. They always remember dreaming and they can control them. I think when I was younger I could remember because I told my parents about them in the morning, now I'm older I don't keep a journal or anything so my mind doesn't practice remembering them in the same way. I think that I'd like to keep a dream journal I just don't seem to have time ever.

Posts: 303 | From: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie69
Activist
Member # 406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixie69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dreaming is like, one of my favorite things to do. Seriously, there's nothing better than a good dream My mom and I have very similar sleeping and dreaming habits (don't ask) and when I was a young kiddo she basically ingrained it into my head that I could control my dreams, do whatever what I wanted in them, and when worse comes to worse wake myself up. And I always have been able to, to an extent.

Like, I can change how I act in the dream, however I can't change the entire dream (try as hard as I may, my sex fantasies never come true). Most of the time when I dream I'm aware that I'm dreaming, and I like to do cool stuff just because I can (I'm really into flying in my dreams, so that's one of the first things I try to do, hehe). I remember a lot of my dreams too, although I can never figure out what they mean, although I do think they have a meaning (when I look back on dreams I see what event they were talkinga bout, but hindsight is 20/20, I suppose).

The coolsest thing is when I start doing cool funky thigns that I can't do in real life. Like morphing into a cat, or in one dream I was part of a lesbian Romeo and Juliet type thing, our families hated each other, except we were all asian and we started doing really cool Crouchign Tiger Hidden Dragon type martial arts (although this was years before it came out) and of coruse I can't do that. Or I'll be a dancer in my dream on pointe, and I've never done that, Or I'll see dancers and I've never seen a performace like that, so I guess my subconcious choreographed that. Man I wish I could choreograph the way I do in my head But yeah, I think dreams are really important.

------------------
Brittany
Scarleteen Advocate

real poetry is all based on this old myth about this beautiful, scary, trippy goddess who the poet wants to possess but he always loses her to this shadowy other guy - Girl Goddess #9

[This message has been edited by Pixie69 (edited 06-20-2001).]

Posts: 1339 | From: Las Vegas, NV, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JunkiePanda
Activist
Member # 4006

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JunkiePanda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i have reoccuring dreams...since about 6th grade(i am going into 11) i have had the same dream atleast once a month...small variations
Posts: 141 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shadowhawk
Activist
Member # 3425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shadowhawk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I used to record all my dreams like a good boy, but then I just got lazy and stopped writing them down. Or, more often, I'd say "I'll do it later" and by the time later came, it would have faded enough that I couldn't record all the detail that was in the dream itself.

Most of my dreams are insanely odd, but occasionally I can find meaning in them (or can at least identify what caused them). And there are the occasional "psychic dreams". If you listen to recent psychology, though, dreams mean nothing and they can't be interpreted by anyone. On the one hand, it seems like a cop out -- on the other, each person's experience is highly unique and the only person with a real prayer of giving meaning to your dreams would be you.

Posts: 80 | From: Phoenix, AZ, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maro_chik
Activist
Member # 4272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for maro_chik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sometimes I'm having a bad dream and I realize that it's a dream and I just say to myself "It's a dream, wake up." Other times it feels really real. Sometimes if a dream really interests me, I'll look up what it might mean. Sometimes my dreams reflect how I'm feeling about something or someone. I usually remember bad dreams the best for some reason, although I wish otherwise.

------------------
"I like man with rock in bum"
-Tom Green

Posts: 63 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BJadeT
Activist
Member # 2057

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BJadeT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have weird dreams, but never any that could actually mean anything. I'd rather not write them down because when I looked back on them they'd just freak me out, and if there's one thing I don't need it's to be freaked out even more!
Last night I dreamt that we went on holiday but instead of a bus to the plane each family had a glider which they just drove along the ground, and the plane was a ctually a glass bottomed boat that flew but was also full of water and sailed. But it was falling apart and it was really horrible.
Then a thunderstorm woke me up and I had to get out of bed and go to the window to pick up my flowers which were drying on the windowsill so they didn't blow all over the room. And i had no clothes on because it was boiling(a rare hot and thundery night)
Just felt people should know that.

Posts: 394 | From: Manchester, Lancashire, England | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MissThang2004
Neophyte
Member # 4310

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MissThang2004     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yeppppp i remember a lot of them...and usually write about them in my journal.....i have a book about dream interpretations so i know most of the time.....

------------------
-perfection is a myth- with 5 exceptions...*NSYNC....

Posts: 20 | From: woodbridge, va, usa | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Claire
Activist
Member # 1548

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Claire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
think ive only ever had a bout 5 night sin my life where i didnt dream.. i always dream even if im not concious of it when i wake up ill remember parts of it during the day.
a really vivid dream i had was just after i came back fomr new zealand me and amy brother were at the airport giong through customs and eveything with the little kid lady and my mum was there waiting in the long line but we got rite through but then we ran out to catch the plane but our bags were too big so we were really slow and then i grabbed onto the door of the plane and was holding on with my brother holding onto my feet and everyone else holding onto his and stuff and basically about twenty people trying to get into this one little door on a plane whilke it was flying. for some reason my gran was there and we dropped her off on a cloud. but then i flew ahead and landed on a cloud and the jumped into the plane as it came past again pulling everyuone in with me. or sumthing like that really weird i love dreams.,
im gunna go read more on lucid dreaming now., tata

Posts: 82 | From: Australia | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JenniL
Neophyte
Member # 4464

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JenniL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I remember my dreams very often. Lately I've been having them about marriage, and having children. I just find that weird, enjoyable, but weird. I love dreams, lately they have just been the best, everything happy, and I don't want to wake up (not saying that I have a bad life, I love my life, but dreams are so happy!). I just hope that these recent dreams become reality.

*One dream the other night was my mother and fathers 2nd wedding. The weird thing is, my father is no longer alive. In the dream he came back, he had been gone for a while, but he was back. I was at the wedding, he was there, I saw my daddy. This hasn't happened for years. Just to see his face again, I don't know how to explain it.*

~Jenni

Posts: 22 | From: H*ton, NY | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
a lot of dead animal symbolism is showing up in my dreams. a few nights ago, i dreamt i was holding my goldfish in my hand as it was flopping around till it perished. then i watched the fish dry out to almost nothing. creepy. then i hatched a chicken egg in my hand and the chick died. i buried it in the yard.

*shuddering*

------------------
"And who are you who are so wise in the ways of science?" from Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lilnerd
Activist
Member # 1194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lilnerd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've never kept a dream journal, but that would be pretty interesting. I have some of the most hysterical dreams. Last summer I had the same dream 3 weeks in a row. And, it was even weirder because absolutely nothing interesting happened in it.
Posts: 543 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loneliestnumber
Neophyte
Member # 4503

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loneliestnumber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I tend to dream off and on. For months at a time I won't have any dreams and then suddenly every night for a week or two I'll have a dream.
I think interpretation of a dream is all up to the individual. Different things hold different meanings for each person, mostly formed through personal experience.
I tend to dream, too, about what is bothering my at the moment. During this pregnancy scare of mine, I dreamed I had had the baby but suddenly, it just wasn't there. I took it as just my subconcious reinforcing how I feel: I want children but not right at this point.

------------------
"Never knock on Death's door. Ring the doorbell and run!"

C'mon, visit my website. You know you want to.
~Revelations.In.Black~

Posts: 38 | From: Somerset, KY, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
surferChicka
Activist
Member # 2232

Icon 6 posted      Profile for surferChicka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i think a drean journal would be pretty awesome. i dream sporatically too. and i'd really like to know what my dreams mean. i'm sure lots of people would like to know. most of the time, my dreams dont seem too vivid. come to think of it...i'm not sure if i really do remember a lot of my dreams. but that's what a dream journal is for right? you know...maybe i'll start a dream journal. starting with my dream from last night!

------------------
peace, love, & seXwax!

Posts: 117 | From: Honolulu, HI | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johncooper
Neophyte
Member # 4024

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Johncooper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Guys,

Do you ever have dreams, and in that dream you actually think to yourself ''hey im in a dream''? I do sometimes and when you do know your in a dream, you can easily awake from it. Simply open your eyes as wide as you can and you will wake. Strange, but true.

JC

Posts: 16 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shadowhawk
Activist
Member # 3425

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Shadowhawk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, Gumdrop Girl, I just started having weird morbid dreams for that past week, too.
I only wish mine were about animals... Instead, so far I've seen one of my best friends shot, another friend be kidnapped, and a whole bunch of people just up and disappear.

Maybe it's just the stress of school starting in a few weeks, or maybe I'm just going insane.

Posts: 80 | From: Phoenix, AZ, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SirenMissy
Neophyte
Member # 4967

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SirenMissy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I always remember the dreams I have and mostly they're all strange and make no sense whatsoever. A common dream I always have is "cheating on my boyfriend." And yes I do actually have sex with these men in my dreams! How weird is that? I think I looked that up on dreamdoctor.com and it said that I must be yearning for more sexual experimentation. Which is probably true, I've only had 3 partners. My most recent dream is really strange however. I'm in Huntington Beach, CA (I've never been there! why I was specfic on this? I don't know.), I'm laying on the beach, it is extremly crowded (people are laying right next to me) and I look up and this 900 foot tide wave is about to crash onto the beach. Then I wake up. I have never been ablt to figure this one out for the life of me.

------------------
~Melissa

When life gives you lemons, put them down your shirt and make your boobs look bigger!

Posts: 17 | From: Cincinnati | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
girly2499
Activist
Member # 4188

Icon 1 posted      Profile for girly2499     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Gumdrop Girl:

a few nights ago i dreamt i was in a vietnamese restaurant, ordering a bowl of soup. in vietnamese. btw, i don't know vietnamese.

That's kinda cool though. I've been having weird dreams lately and I can see them plain as day and that's something I usually can't do. But, I don't keep a dream journal, never have. I don't know it's just something I haven't gotten in to.

Posts: 87 | From: nebraska, usa | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star2be17
Activist
Member # 4769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star2be17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What a great subject 4 a thread! i always have dreams...and they're always real life situations, never bizarre. for example, last night i dreamed that my next door neighbor (one of my close girlfriends) went to oktoberfest with my across-the-street-neighbor (whom i used to have a huuuge crush on) and they started hanging out and she got a crush on him as well and i got really jealous cuz he seemed to like her too cuz she (in the dream) skateboarded (and so does he). IT COULD HAPPEN! i rarely have dreams that don't make sense. and i think all my dreams are signs...of what-i have no clue. but they all mean something special to me!

------------------
"Sing as if no one were listening, dance as if no one were watching, and live each day as if it were your last."

So you call this your free country?
Tell me why it costs so much to live.--3 Doors Down

"I think...therefore I'm single."

Posts: 266 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
retarded_brat
Activist
Member # 5126

Icon 1 posted      Profile for retarded_brat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my dreams are freaky....i once dreamt i was walking on a beach and came across a marble sink i fell in love with and carried off with me.....go figure!...didn't bother trying to interpret that one!

------------------
what-me-worry?

Posts: 134 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought I'd bump this one up, because it would be interesting for everyone who posted in here to see what they wrote before and post any updates on their dreaming-life since six months ago, and also because I'm sure we have a number of new people who haven't posted in here yet and would like to participate.

I've found that my dreams have changed over the past month and a half, simply because I have had a number of dreams that could definitely be classed as nightmares. My dreams have always been quirky and interesting, but even the scary ones never really seemed to have that nightmare "overtone" to them- usually, I could just laugh at them. For instance, I found a dream where I was being chased by vampires quite amusing. However, these nightmares tend to focus on me rather than being pursued by something external- for instance, I will be unable to get somewhere or I will be willingly doing something that I don't want to do.

Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
the scary thing is, I had the Vietnamese soup dream *again* not too long ago. Moreover, I still dream about dead animals -- mostly fish that die in my hands. It's pretty creepy.

------------------
straddle the fine line between profundity and profanity...

killer_raincoat
Activist
Member # 6610

Icon 1 posted      Profile for killer_raincoat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i always find with my dreams that at the time of the dream, everything seems so frightening, but in the morning when i try to explain them, they become absurd and indecipherable. I also manage to forget them with amazing speed.

------------------
"Everybody thinks i'm such a horrible person, but i have the heart of a little boy. In a jar. On my desk." -Stephen King

Posts: 212 | From: Winnipeg | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daisygirl215
Neophyte
Member # 6623

Icon 7 posted      Profile for daisygirl215     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i have like the DUMBEST dreams. last night for instance, i had one where i went to the store and bought a pencil. thats it. just an ordinary pencil.
another i had 3 years ago was one where there was a huge hedge maze in my front yard...and a gumball machine at the front of my driveway, and my mom left and dissapeared before i got to say goodbye to her. a few months later, my mother left our family.
that was weird.
...a very vivid one i remember was about me and my parents going to a huge dinner thing but everyone was an adult, and a boy from my clas was the only other young person there. i walked by him several times and he didnt acknowldege me...
i dream almost every night. i always remember them...
i also experience Deja Vu quite often. nice but kinda scary....

------------------
The best and most beautiful things in life cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart.
-Hellen Keller

Posts: 9 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Celtic Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Y'know, after writing down my dreams for months, it's really neat to go back and read them. At first i dont remember most of them, but then they come back to me and i remember it excatly. It's really quite amazing. I suggest writing down dreams to everyone to see what kinda kwaziness goes on in your head!

------------------
'You've got the eyes of ten women. Not in a jar! I wasn't accusing you. I just mean your eyes are really nice'-coupling

Erin Jane
~Scarleteen Advocate~

Posts: 1747 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lookin4luv
Neophyte
Member # 7521

Icon 6 posted      Profile for lookin4luv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i've had many dreams that i still remember!
most of them are just really funny, but there are a few that i've tried to interpret. for instants....there was this one dream where i was jumping on a trampleen and i fell on my arm. a week later i broke my arm.....
freaky, isnt it?

Posts: 26 | From: Bronx, New York, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Just.Lil.Ole.Me
Activist
Member # 6392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Just.Lil.Ole.Me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My dreams are so incredibly vivid and real that I can remember colors, smells, places, people, numbers and other specific things from my dreams.. In fact, I love that my mind is capable of doing so, that I honestly look forward to sleeping. Its amazing what your mind can conjure up and that you can actually picture things when your fast asleep. I try to make myself dream certain things, but I just let it run its course.

Lets take last night. I slept from 12:00am to 10:00am (I was worn out from the airplane yesterday)and I had about 6, make that 7 different somewhat long vivid dreams. I remember that in one of my dreams I was at work (Walgreens) I was supposed to be in at 5, and accidentally came in at 7. I came into work and this new manager named ANNA was there. (This ANNA never worked there... it was just some random lady). I also remember another dream where my friends where putting on an ice skating performance and I remember exactly how they were standing in the dream. Kristin, Joe, Maria, Ashley, Katie, Gabby.... Very odd... just off the top of my head...

I used to keep a diary but I just haven't had time...Maybe I'll bring it to school in the morning and jot um down during homeroom... Keep up the interesting dish you guys.....

-------------------
Just.Lil.Ole.Me
-------------------

Posts: 54 | From: Tampa | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CutiePie4eva
Activist
Member # 7052

Icon 7 posted      Profile for CutiePie4eva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I remember my dreams a couple of times a month... and ususally the ones i do remember i rememeber for a few hours after i wake up, but then i dont think abotu them and end up forgetting... hmmm...

i used to try to record them... but that only lasted for 2 wks... and i only wrote 2 entries lol... oops... =)

i dont really put too much thought into my dreams... but when i get really bored i make up crazy reasons for what happened in them lol... but i really think that dreams is just your mind sorting out everything that is going on around you... so its all stuff you already are thinking and you already know... so y bother figuring out stuff you already know? =)

i dont think people can control their dreams... so why try? All i know is that if i say to myself, "tomorrow i HAVE to do this or that in the morning" i ususally have a dream that makes me think of my dream in the morning and forget wat i wanted to do... AKA i have lotsa little notes to myself on the clothes i lay out for the next day lol

i've had a couple of dreams where i knew i was dreaming... it was like... sumone did sumthing that was impossible (once i think sumone started flying around me or sumthing) and i said out loud in the dream... "hmmm... that could never happen in real life... this must be a dream... COOL! i could do anything then!" and i started running around and doing craxy things and such cause i knew it was all a dream lol fun fun

Posts: 239 | From: new york, USA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I dreamt that my orange cat got away while I was moving, and no one would help me try to catch him, but I found him later in an elevator shaft full of flour, and jumped in to get him, even though I knew he might be dead. He was okay, but I had to take him on a bus, and when we transferred buses he tried to run away again, but I caught his tail, and kept him safe. When I was on the bus I realised I was holding a mouse, not a cat, that I had to keep safe, and that almost got flung out under the door, but I saved again, and then the mouse turned into a water strider, and the dream ended not long after. I don't know what that all means.

I dreamt, more recently, that my best friend wanted to get breast implants, because they would make everything better for her, and help her lose weight and the like, and I didn't want her to, and tried to tell her so. I got to hold one of the implants, and realised that it was sticky because the silicone was leaching out (reminded me of how the vinyl in old barbie dolls degrades and gets oily, strangely enough), and then I started crying and pleading with her, but it was no good. The moral of this was that she should be careful of things that offered a lot of good stuff without explanation, and I told her so when I next talked to her.

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PiNkRoSe13
Activist
Member # 9055

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PiNkRoSe13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my most recent dream was the following:
I was on an island and it had a lot of quarters on the island. And i stole some quarters. And then when it was 3 o clock i was getting tired so i had to choice but to sleep alone in a haunted house. and i pulled the blanket over me and i fell asleep!!

My dreams occur in the most NON Sequential form that ive even known anybody else and their dreams..i dream about the stupidest things and also i dream about things that i dont even think about when i go to bed. i thought i could control my dreams if i did that..but it doesnt work!! err haha well al for now

"The Only People Who Can Truely Hurt You Are The People That You Truely care about"
~My Boyfriend

Posts: 49 | From: Frankfort IL USA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.