Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » body image

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: body image
mysticgal12
Activist
Member # 95869

Icon 5 posted      Profile for mysticgal12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ive always been really small and never really cared about my weight, but recently ive been outgrowing all my clothes. my jeans and shirts are getting too tight, but as far as the scale tells im not gaining weight but my tummy is getting more noticible. (at least to me) is this a normal thing to be worried about/to be happening?
Posts: 73 | From: sdgsdfgsd | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As we grow through our teen years and our early 20s, many of us will find that the shape of our bodies change. It's not abnormal at all! [Smile]

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticgal12
Activist
Member # 95869

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticgal12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i only weigh between 89 to 95 lbs. and everyone medical professional tells me to gain weight, which i would gladly do if it means ill be healthier. however these same ppl do nothing but give me instructions on how to lose weight.

its very confusing. and i would like to know if there is a healthy way to gain weight, like in muscle not fat

Posts: 73 | From: sdgsdfgsd | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is it possible for you to talk to someone like a nutritionist or dietician? They're often the best resources when it comes to eating well and either gaining or losing weight in a healthy way.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.