Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » G-Spot Question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: G-Spot Question
Member # 110680

Icon 1 posted      Profile for M014         Edit/Delete Post 
Is it possible to not have a G-Spot?

I'm a virgin, but I have a I've gotten a better hold on masturbating in the past month that I have in the last two years - so that is a BIG improvement, even if I have yet to reach the Big O. What I've found is that my clitoris is the best way to get near an orgasm, which I've done with a "two pronged" vibrator. What I use is "supposed" to stimulate the G-Spot, but I haven't really felt anything, especially in comparison to my clitoris.

Does anyone have any tips or suggestions? Am I just hitting the wrong angle, or is it possible I just don't have a G-Spot? The other issue is that I don't feel as comfortable with straight on/solely penetration without clitoral stimulation. Does it get easier if you practice and get used to it? Does the G-Spot help with penetration?

Posts: 4 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 110155

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OhImpecuniousOne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm always a bit wary of G-spot toys, because given that with any other toy, you can stimulate totally different areas just with a tiny change of angle or grip or whatever... maybe g-spot toys make it easier to hit your g-spot, but it's not like they actually find it for you or magically snap themselves to it, you know? Which is not to say that they're not worth buying or using - any toy that feels good is worth it in my book - just that I suspect it's probably gonna take just as much experimentation and practise to find and stimulate your g-spot with a g-spot toy, as it will with any other toy, or with hands, etc.

Regarding penetration, you might like to have a read of this: (probably specifically the bits about vulvas etc., not that it ever hurts to understand how other people might experience pleasure either)
It might surprise you, but as someone who actually really enjoys penetration on its own, I often feel like I'm in a vaguely invisible minority. [Razz] It's pretty well accepted that for a lot of people, penetration isn't great without other stimulation. That might be something that changes over time for you, or it might not - I'd suggest not worrying about it, 'cause liking penetration certainly isn't a target you should be aiming for. If you don't like certain things, just try other things. [Smile]

[ 07-25-2014, 05:30 AM: Message edited by: OhImpecuniousOne ]

Posts: 116 | From: UK | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 110680

Icon 1 posted      Profile for M014         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks [Smile]
Posts: 4 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(Also, as that piece explains? The G-Spot basically still IS the clitoris in the first place. [Smile] It is part of the internal portion of the clitoris, that's all, not just the external portion that you can see, which is only one tiny part of the clitoral structure as a whole!)

Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.