Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Cried After Sex

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cried After Sex
al475
Activist
Member # 46259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for al475         Edit/Delete Post 
I had sex with this guy I liked. After we had sex I felt guilty and cried. Should I c him again?

--------------------
alex

Posts: 45 | From: california | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jacob at Scarleteen
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 66249

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jacob at Scarleteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey al!

When you say see him again, do you mean have sex? Because it sounds to me like it was something that over all didn't feel good to you.

I think maybe it'd be really good for you to think about sex and how you feel about it in general, and where this feeling of guilt is coming from.

It might be that you don't have the support that you need right now to feel supported, by friends or familly in being sexually active. That can really make us feel guilty, despite really not really doing anything wrong.

What it does mean is that if we are having sex then it'll be a lot harder to deal with what comes with that, risks of pregnancy or STI's, getting hold of ways of reducing those risks (contraception and barriers). So you would need to make sure practically is that you know you can deal with that, get hold of, for yourself, what you know you need and want for the safe sex you'd like, and that you feel comfortable taking responsibility for things if you get pregnant for example. So maybe feeling guilty doesn't mean you're doing anything 'wrong' but maybe it's part of something bigger that is maybe telling you that you don't really want or feel ready for sex right now.

It could also be cultural or religious attitudes to sex, or media portrayals of sexuality have had a strong impact on you. In which case the important thing is to think about where your personal guilt comes from... knowing what something is made of is the best way of being able to have control over it.

Posts: 694 | From: Leeds UK | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.