Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Scruff

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Scruff
Smarties
Neophyte
Member # 93271

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Smarties     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The guy I just started seeing is really into the rugged look so he generally sports a good layer of facial scruff. While, aesthetically, I'm all for the stubble, I have very sensitive skin and kissing is causing some problems. The next morning, I usually wake up with a rather angry and noticeable rash and breakouts around my mouth and nose. I plan on talking with him about it and I have no problems with this, but I was just wondering if anybody else deals with this problem and knows any tips for coping with the irritation (aside from getting him to shave). Thanks!
Posts: 27 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sulma
Neophyte
Member # 94272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sulma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My ex-boyfriend had a lot of scruff. While it's very attractive, it's not necessarily the most comfortable experience. What I did to prevent the angry rash, other than asking him to shave more often, was to kiss him lighter and not let him get too forced into my face while making out. Yeah, it's awkward, but it worked out for me and the angry rashes decreased.

Also, after you two are done, you can clean your face with whatever facial cream/scrub/mask you use to prevent the breakouts. But for the rash, only time would help me.

Good luck!

Posts: 6 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smarties
Neophyte
Member # 93271

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Smarties     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks! I will definitely try your suggestions out.
Posts: 27 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.