Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Masturbation and Sex Toys!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Masturbation and Sex Toys!
Luc
Neophyte
Member # 72891

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey there, everyone. [Smile]

Recently, my beloved back massager which I did not use for my back finally broke after a few years of use.

I am apparently unable to make myself orgasm with just manual stimulation. I've tried a plain old regular vibrator, but it didn't work for me either. I've been able to get off from grinding on that percussion back massager and from positioning myself under a tub faucet and that's basically it. I think this makes a bit strange, but it's okay.

Anyhoo. If anyone has any suggestions of toys or other methods of masturbating that might work for me, I'd love input and to try something new!

Posts: 17 | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, you can buy another toy? If so, it sounds like you were using a type like a Hitachi Wand. Do I have that right?

If so, did you try one of those or something similar to your broken massager?

(Just FYI? Utilizing the faucet or shower head is probably one of the most common ways people with vulvas first start to masturbate. If that's strange, a LOT of people must be strange. [Smile] )

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kawani3792
Activist
Member # 48854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kawani3792     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've noticed that when i use a vibrator exclusively for a while, it becomes very difficult to orgasm by hand. You might try a nice bath, an adult novel, whatever arouses you, and don't feel pressured to have an orgasm. Being already aroused might make it easier to try using your hands or a different vibrator.
Also, am I right in thinking this is a household item you use for clitoral stimulation? *has a knee massager that doesn't get used on my knee*

And if all else fails, are you able to purchase a new one?

Posts: 183 | From: USA | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Luc
Neophyte
Member # 72891

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I'm hoping to buy another toy. I'm willing to pay a bit, I'm just nervous I'll buy something and then it won't work for me.

If it helps anything, I was using this: http://www.atlantisgadgets.com/images/Homedics%20two%20speed%20massager%201.JPG

I was definitely thinking of getting the Hitachi wand, though, so I will look into that.

The vibrator I bought was a cheap, insertable Neon Vibe I got for my eighteenth birthday because I figured if I can get off from G-spot stimulation from a partner, I should be able to do it myself, but no go.

Haha Thank you. The tub faucet might be what works best for me, but 1. I worried a bit about wasting water, so I tried to save it for every once in a while and 2. I'm in college now, without the luxury of a tub or a private shower, for that matter.

I've never been able to orgasm using just my hands. Perhaps it's a lack of patience, but I've tried to just focus on exploring myself and it feels nice, but I just get frustrated that I can't masturbate "normally".

Haha Yes, it's a household item. I was going to try to buy the same one, but it's no longer on the market. I looked at the newer version by the same company and I may buy that, but I'm a bit wary of the added "soothing heat" feature. And I'd kinda just like to have a sex toy that's actually a sex toy that works for me.

Posts: 17 | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If that's what you were using, then I expect the Hitachi will deliver, almost identically, what you've enjoyed about that one. A Wahl coil vibrator would be another similar choice.

If possible, see if you can't find an independent sex store you can go into. That way, you can at least see how a vibe feels on your hand first, which should give you some pretty big clues about if it's going to feel like your last one or not.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Luc
Neophyte
Member # 72891

Marvelous! I think I'll get the Hitachi. I do know an independent sex store nearby and I will go there as soon as I get the chance. Thank you so much. [Smile]

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.