Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Reassurance

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Reassurance
selbidercni
Neophyte
Member # 58290

Icon 11 posted      Profile for selbidercni     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I feel like I already know the answer to this question, but I just need to be reassured.

I've been on BC for years now and I take it at the correct time always, I've only missed a pill once in 3 years.

I was on antibiotics for a while [july 11-13 for the first round and july 20-29 the second round] due to a UTI, so my boyfriend and I used condoms when we had sex. The first time [july 13], we used a condom the whole time and when he came, he pulled out. However, he took off the condom and came on my stomach and slightly close to my vagina. The second time [july 24]he came into the condom.

I'm supposed to get my period tomorrow, and I've been cramping today. I honestly have no symptoms of pregnancy [not that they would even start to appear now], but for some reason I feel very anxious. I usually get my periods the Wednesday of my placebo week, but a few times it's happened on a Tuesday. I guess I'm just nervous that it won't come tomorrow.

My question in all this is, was there a real risk? or am I just being anxious for no reason?

Posts: 23 | From: Florida | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Your stomach is pretty far from your vaginal opening, so unless your partner came someone on your vulva -- the mons, where your pubic hair is, for instance -- it sounds like your risk would be very low here, if not lower than usual if you don't usually use condoms with your pill.

Antibiotics for UTIs are usually a variety not known to intefere with the pill at all.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
selbidercni
Neophyte
Member # 58290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for selbidercni     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well he did end up coming a little bit near my vulva, and I wiped it off immediately but it still worried me.

Thanks for the quick response!

Posts: 23 | From: Florida | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.