Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » I Don't Know What's Going On...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I Don't Know What's Going On...
The Encryption of Life
Neophyte
Member # 50342

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Encryption of Life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, so, I have been masturbating for a few months now and it has been great up until a few times ago. Lately, I have been getting a little more rough with myself because 1) I want to orgasm badly and 2) because I don't have much time to reach it. Anyways, I noticed the first time it happened that there was a little blood in my panties up towards my urethra. I had just shaved down there too and just thought that I had nicked myself but I was also being pretty rough on myself too, I should have stopped... After that I didn't happen for a few times until last night. After I was finished and got out of the shower (I had also shaved down there again), it almost burned when I went to the bathroom and there was pain/discomfort around my urethra a couple hours later. The next morning I noticed a little bit of blood around there again- although I am at the very end of my period so, I am not too sure... If it was supposedly my period this time what was it last time..? Now, there is a little pain/discomfort by my urethra and I don't know what to do. Almost as long as I can remember I always had this spot at my urethra and the top of my inner labia, I don't know what that could be either, a possibly sports injury? I have no idea what is going on. I really hope there is an answer. Any advice on this?

Thank you everyone.

--------------------
Life, what can we do about it?
Previous name was Kateson.

Posts: 18 | From: USA | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The pain that you're having, is it only external? In other words, is it only on your skin, not any kind of pain in your bladder or anywhere else inside your body?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68032 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Encryption of Life
Neophyte
Member # 50342

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Encryption of Life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, not in my bladder, only a little into the urethra, it almost feels like a bruise when pressed on.

--------------------

Posts: 18 | From: USA | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, sounds more likely to just be an abrasion than anything else, except for the part where it sounds like you're saying that this is a constant, not something only recent?

What part of this has been ongoing for you, and for how long?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68032 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Encryption of Life
Neophyte
Member # 50342

Well, before it only hurt if it was pushed on (like a bruise) otherwise, everything was normal. Only now after those few rough times with the little bit of blood is where it actually started to hurt without it being touched. I am thinking at least a few years when I actually started noticing the sensitivity around there, I also ride horses so, that could have done something too, I started a couple years ago as well (which was when I got my horse). I hope that makes sense.

--------------------

Heather
Member # 3

Have you ever had an OB/GYN check to make sure you don't have something like an impacted gland or cyst or a very low-level UTI?

I ask that, because I'm wondering if the issue now of bleeding and soreness -- which most likely seems related to rough/not-lubed-enough masturbation is separate from the longer-term issues, they're just happening around the same place.

Of course, by all means, if you often have a lot of pressure or friction to that area -- and riding horses often will certainly do that -- it could be you just keep getting surface abrasions that never quite get the chance to heal, too.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

The Encryption of Life
Neophyte
Member # 50342

I haven't, I know I should but it just sounds like a big deal and would have the utmost embarrassment (as I am sure you have heard many times). I should go, I need to go, better safe than sorry I guess.

But you're right about the other things, it could be the cause of it too. I do tend to not let things heal before they get better.

I really appreciate your help on this.

--------------------

Heather
Member # 3

Well, do you already go once a year for other reasons? I don't know if you've yet started your sexual healthcare or not.

I don't think you need to be embarrassed about this. It may not be related to masturbation in the first place, but even if it was, as you probably know, the vast, vast majority of people in the world have masturbated or do masturbate, something healthcare providers usually know.

So, I'd start by getting checked out, especially if this has been going on a long time. You may well have an infection that is way late or treatment, or something like a cyst that could be taken care of so you don't have to have any soreness at all, which would obviously be a bonus. No one wants to have discomfort if they don't have to, after all.

If you go and get an all-clear, then we can talk about things you can do to avoid abrasion or bruising, be it with masturbation or horseback riding (for instance, I don't know what you wear while riding, but they make cycling shorts with padding over the crotch that can be awfully helpful at preventing activity/sports-based issues).

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

The Encryption of Life
Neophyte
Member # 50342

Alright, thank you, Heather. I'll make sure to get an appointment in to see how things are going and then I'll come back and tell you what's up.

Thank you again [Smile]

--------------------

The Encryption of Life
Neophyte
Member # 50342

Just an update. I haven't gotten the appointment yet but all pain has receded except for that bruise like spot that I have had for many years. Just thought I'd let you know

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.