Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Random Hair

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Random Hair
Obi
Activist
Member # 39222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Obi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've had a question I've been debating about asking for a while since it's probably just one of those random, unimportant things that happen to the body sometimes.

Anyway, on my breast there is a single hair follicle that grows like the hair on my head. I have to cut it usually or it just keeps getting longer. I want to say that it was that way the last time I had a regular gyno check up, but if it was it couldn't have been that long or I'm sure it would have been noticed. Then again admittedly I haven't been in over a year because I haven't really been sexually active in that time.

Should I worry or is this something I can ask about the next time I get to the gyno (hopefully in the next few months)?

Posts: 46 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djuna
Activist
Member # 29269

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djuna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This isn't something to worry about, Obi. [Smile]

Hair growing from nipples is not that dissimilar from pubic hair. It's not uncommon at all; the nipples we see in media, whatever the gender of the person in question, almost always have had hair removed. It's absolutely your decision to cut it, pluck it, leave it, or braid it as you please. [Smile]

--------------------
“In a strange room, before you are emptied for sleep, what are you. And when you are filled with sleep you never were. I don’t know what I am. I don’t know if I am or not... how often have I lain beneath rain on a strange roof, thinking of home.”

Posts: 1269 | From: London, UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.