Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » toxic shock syndrome?! HELP?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: toxic shock syndrome?! HELP?
Sydney Marie
Neophyte
Member # 73587

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Sydney Marie         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
okay, so yesterday i started to show a symptom.. (this is gross, but i had diarreha) and today i have felt nauseousness and a few minutes ago, i was looking at the computer screen.. and i don't know if i got dizzy.. but it was strange. it was a weird feeling but nothing really happened. i didn't lose vision or hearing.. just a funny feeling.
two days ago my pd. started and i put a tampon in for like 3 hours, and then took that one out and put another in for about another 2-3 hours. i took it our and went to sleep, then when i woke up i put another one in.. went to get some food, (five guys) and then came home. this was about 3 hours, and then i changed my tampon again. i had a super one in for.. like an hour.. maybe? and then got diarreha. so i took it out and haven't had one since. my back hurt yesterday, but i hadn't slept well the night before and i have had that feeling before. my muscles haven't really ached.. and i had that weird feeling in the head. thats really it, but i don't know if i have tss or not. please answer quickly?

Posts: 2 | From: United States | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saffron Raymie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 49582

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saffron Raymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It may be a good idea to remove your tampon. Do you have any pads?

Symptons of TSS can be just like those of flu, but removing the tampon will reduce your risk. Then it might be a good idea to make a doctor's appointment?

TSS is very rare these days so I wouldn't worry too much. But to be on the safe side, I would switch to pads, and take out any tampon imediately.

--------------------
'Obtain the virgin's consent before you marry her' - Prophet Mohammad (pbuh)

Posts: 1285 | From: England | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sydney Marie
Neophyte
Member # 73587

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sydney Marie         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i haven't been wearing a tampon since yesterday at like 2:00ish (eastern time)
Posts: 2 | From: United States | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Firefly-
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 26516

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Firefly-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In addition to what RaeRay has said, have you had a sudden onset of fever? Or a rash that looks a little like a sunburn? Those seem to be common symptoms of TSS. That being said, it seems like you haven't kept a tampon in your vagina for more than about 3 hours, correct? If so, it's unlikely that you're experiencing TSS. You may be feeling sick because of something you ate or a random bug going around.

Can you talk to one of your parents or a trusted adult and let them know you're a little concerned? If you suddenly begin feeling very ill or you develop a very high fever, I'd recommend getting to a doctor right away, but otherwise, I don't think you have to worry too much.

--------------------
Vero
Scarleteen Volunteer
Help sustain sex ed and Scarleteen: donate!

Posts: 1345 | From: Canada | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.