Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » That feeling of having to pee...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: That feeling of having to pee...
candy333
Neophyte
Member # 62431

Icon 1 posted      Profile for candy333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've had 2 UTI infection in the last 3 weeks. Right now I'm on my second round of antibiotics, which I'm supposed to finish today. But last night I started to feel that urgency to go to the bathroom, again. It's the most uncomfortable feeling ever and I could hardly sleep. What is wrong? This shouldn't be happening again since I'm drinking antibiotics, could it be due to something else? What can I do to feel better? I really don't want to go to an urgency clinic about this again, but I don't know what else to do I'm starting to freak out I've been sick for weeks feeling horrible and I just want to be normal again...
Posts: 20 | From: Puerto Rico | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree, with being treated twice, you should find your symptoms are going away.

Between the first and second treatment, did your doctor change what antibiotic you were given, to try something stronger? Also, have you been able to pinpoint why you might be getting UTIs, so you can change whatever those behaviors are?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67932 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
candy333
Neophyte
Member # 62431

Icon 1 posted      Profile for candy333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, they changed the antibiotic because apparently the first infection didn't go away completely. And I have no idea why I'm getting UTIs, I've never had them before and I'm always very clean, I also urinate before and after sex as I've heard I should do. I don't know if I should've abstained from intercourse this weekend...I mean, the doctor didn't tell me I shouldn't so maybe that irritated my bladder or something? I don't know. As soon as I start on antibiotics and the other medicine to relieve the symptoms I feel better, but about a week later this feeling comes back. That's how it has happened both times. I don't know if I should go to the urgency clinic though, I've been there twice for the same thing already and they look at me like I shouldn't be there because it's not an emergency. But I have no where else to go until Wednesday and I don't think I can stand this feeling particularly at night until then...
Posts: 20 | From: Puerto Rico | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you relatively new to intercourse as a sexual activity?

As well, when you're engaging in intercourse, are you having it very often or for long periods of time? How about using condoms with it? Feeling very aroused before and during?

As well, have you been finding that your symptoms start to come back shortly after you've had intercourse, or does it not seem related to that? In other words, have you had times when you could have as much intercourse as you wanted without feeling bladder symptoms?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67932 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
candy333
Neophyte
Member # 62431

I will have been sexually active for 2 years this October. As for intercourse, we always use condoms and it's not for very long periods of time. We usually do some manual foreplay, like fingering. It feels better when his fingers are deep so he may be rough some times, but other than that no. As for the intercourse itself it never lasts more than 10 minutes. Some times we do it 2 or 3 times, but there's always a break of 1/2 an hour to an hour in between. I always feel very aroused before, during and after. I can tell because I release lots of lubrication. As for the symptoms and the sex, I don't know...the only time the symptoms should right after sex was today. And even then it was a whole day after the intercourse. I've always had as much intercourse as I wanted without symptoms before, the only thing I've noticed is that sometimes I really have to pee after sex so I do, but after that everything seems ok.
Heather
Member # 3

Manual sex can actually be something that triggers UTIs.

Is he always washing his hands first and rinsing them well? Are you using plenty of lube?

However, having intercourse 2 or 3 times in a day or less is also likely to be having an effect here. That's actually quite a lot of entry for a body.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

candy333
Neophyte
Member # 62431

He usually uses the bathroom before any kind of intercourse and washes his hands, not every time, but most of the time. As for lube, we hardly use it unless on my period and my vaginal walls get tighter since I naturally produce a lot of lubrication. I just find it very strange that I've never had UTIs before and all of a sudden I get 2 in a row, even the doctors told me that was unusual.
Heather
Member # 3

I don't find it unusual. Our bodies can become sensitive to things they weren't in the past, because they're always changing, as is our health.

I hear you saying you're doing some things, or doing them in ways, that are likely to trigger UTIs, So, on top of seeing a doctor again (and maybe talking to them about some ongoing treatment, rather than one-time), I'd suggest you try and change some of those things.

So, handwashing ALWAYS before manual sex, lube used for manual sex and intercourse, and not having intercourse so many times in a given day. Try those changes for a few months and you can see if they help. Chances are they will.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

candy333
Neophyte
Member # 62431

Thank you, sometimes I think it's all in my head since this symptom seems to pop up when I'm very stressed or anxious about something.
Heather
Member # 3

If your doctor is testing your urine each time and giving you treatment, you can be very sure it's not just in your head.

Plus, UTI pain is pretty unmistakeable. I'm quite sure it's not something psychosomatic for you.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.