Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Shouldn't I have gotten pregnant by now?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Shouldn't I have gotten pregnant by now?
Natalie H
Activist
Member # 48229

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Natalie H     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So me and my current boyfriend have been together since December. We've been having sex since March and always used the withdrawal method of birth control. We stopped using any protection after about a month. So now we've been having completely unsafe sex for a little over three months, pretty much every day. How come I haven't gotten pregnant yet?

We think it could be because A.) I'm underweight (only by about five pounds thought) or B.) I smoke cigarettes. I'm a little concerned that maybe one of us could be infertile or something. It's not a huge worry or mine, and I know we wont know unless we see a doctor. But I was wondering if it's safe for me to gain any more weight, if that might really be why it hasn't happened yet. Is this unheard of?

--------------------
Bicycle? I prefer a homocycle.

Posts: 118 | From: Houston | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
atm1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 37835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for atm1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Natalie,

Giving advice on how to become pregnant is outside the scope of this site.

But, the first step in trying to conceive should be consulting a doctor.

Just because you haven't become pregnant yet does not mean that you won't become pregnant if you keep this up--it's very common for it to take a while to become pregnant.

If you aren't trying to become pregnant, would you like to talk about methods of birth control?

Posts: 2262 | From: in transition | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Captain Girl
Activist
Member # 60279

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Captain Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Natalie, are you still using the withdrawal method? Your first paragraph is a little confusing about that.

Three months is not a terribly long time if you're trying. It's frustrating and annoying, but well within the range of normal. Nonetheless, if you're trying to conceive, a chat with your doctor would be a really good idea.

Posts: 129 | From: Boston | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.