Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » issue down there?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: issue down there?
katie gurl
Activist
Member # 69444

Icon 1 posted      Profile for katie gurl         Edit/Delete Post 
my boyfriend tried eating me & i asked him how it was & to be brutally honest, he said i didn't taste good & that it semlled really bad. any way i can fix this?
Posts: 51 | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know, we taste how we taste. Unless you have an infection of some kind, what your vulva probably tastes like is a vulva. It's not candy, it's a part of your body, which-- no big shocker here -- is going to taste like a part of our bodies. Genitals tend to taste kind of musky and salty, so if someone is expecting them to taste like candy, they need to adjust their expectations.

Same goes with smells. Healthy vulvas tend to smell like healthy vulvas.

I'm really sorry your boyfriend responded this way. Do you have a sense of what his level of maturity is? In other words, do you think he has the kind of maturity a person needs to be real around intimate parts of someone else's body?

How about education around sexuality and genitals?

Do you think he knew, for instance, that the taste and smell of your vulva would be a lot like the taste and smell of his armpit (which isn't just about your vulva: it's about all our body parts which secrete fluids and are in moist places of our bodies)?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katie gurl
Activist
Member # 69444

he normally is so fine & would just never tell me & keep it to himself, but i felt something off so i made him tell me. & i think he said he realized it wouldn't taste "amazing", but that the smell was extremely distasteful & he asked if i may have an infection because it was not good at all. he said he didn't expect candy, but it wasn't a fishy smell, but slightly less distinct. i know i don't have a yeast infection so what else could it be? i heard birth control makes an odor come from your vagina, is this true?
Posts: 51 | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hormonal contraceptives change the environment of the vagina, so the scent may change slightly, but that's usually very subtle, and isn't about "bad" smells. The pill has the same hormones that are already in your body, after all.

Do you have any reason to think you might have an infection? Like, any increased or funny-looking discharge lately? Do *you* feel like the scent of your genitals has changed lately at all, like getting much stronger?

And again, what is this guy's experience like with women's bodies? has he ever had oral sex with another partner before?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katie gurl
Activist
Member # 69444

i don't feel there is an infection, but it's been a while (maybe over a year) since i've even smelt something. i don't have any odd discharge. i looked up the effects of a yeast infection. & to gain further knowledge, i aasked my boyfriend the smell & it had a fishy odor, but i feel i've had that for a while, but no other syptoms...he has never had oral sex before. it was a first for both of us.
Heather
Member # 3

A fishy scent can sometimes be an indication of an infection or imbalance, and yeast infections aren't the only kind of genital infections there are. We can also develop some genital infections even without ever having had any kind of sexual activity at all.

So, perhaps -- for your health, more than anything else -- it would be smart to see a gynecologist? If you haven't gotten started with that yearly healthcare, sounds like it's about time anyway, at the very least for a consultation/education visit, as you're starting to become sexually active.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.