Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Weird Insecurity

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Weird Insecurity
Ochre
Neophyte
Member # 51340

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ochre     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Everybody! this is my first post here and was wondering some of the more knowledgable people, especially women, could help me out.

Anyways, I have gotten the (strong) impression that a lot of women feel that it is easier for a curved penis to hit the g-spot and other vaginal hot spots. I unfortunately am equipped with a straight penis, so I was wondering if a straight toy or penis can be used in a way that can perform as well as a curved one, and hit spots such as the g-spot, a-spot, etc. If so, how could one achieve this? Are there any positions, angles, or techniques that would be more suited to non-curved, straight penises or toys? Are there any advantages to having a straight, non-curved penis? (if it matters my penis is within the average size range).

Any feedback would be much appreciated!

Best
Eric

PS I know this might sound stupid but I always thought it would be romantic to give my partner a gspot orgasm when we are both face to face and able to kiss...are there any configurations that allow this with my anatomical situation?

Posts: 1 | From: College | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AponiKanti
Activist
Member # 48252

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AponiKanti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my boyfriend has a straight penis and we have sex just fine. yes you can have great sex in missionary. different angles do help and i mean angles for the same position, but since most women don't have an easy time orgasming from vaginal stimulation anyway i don't think it will make super mega amazing difference. i don't know if there's a difference between curved and straight penises though, i've only ever had sex with my boyfriend. However i doubt that alot of women feel there's some huge difference. Personally i think it's all in the technique, which you'll get better at with practice
Posts: 95 | From: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just FYI, orgasm happens in the brain and central nervous system, so terms like "g-spot orgasm" or "clitoral orgasm" aren't at all accurate. Some people may reach orgasm when those kinds of stimulation are going on, but the only body part we can really attribute orgasm to is the brain.

Actually, the best g-spot stimulation -- for women who even enjoy that, not all do -- tends to be from targeted stimulus, like with a toy or fingers, rather than the more general stimulation intercourse provides.

That isn't to say it can't happen for some women, or for someone women sometimes, to get g-spot stimulation from intercourse, and that's likely to be part of the stimulation intercourse provides. But no matter what shape someone's penis is, the majority of women don't reach orgasm from intercourse alone, no matter how you slice it.

We all have different bodies with a world of variations. Stating one type or shape of body or body part is better or worse just really doesn't make any sense. You find out what works for you and someone's else's unique body by simply experimenting and communicating together.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OWL Dan
Activist
Member # 49077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OWL Dan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Eric,

I not only have to agree with Heather, but I also have to add a couple of things. When it comes to pleasuring a woman, most women will agree it isn't about the shape and/or size of the penis but it is truly more about the person who has it. I am also including an article with some information that may help with the talking about things together. So, I suggest taking the time and enjoy the exploration. [Wink]

Be a Blabbermouth! The Whats, Whys and Hows of Talking About Sex With a Partner

--------------------
Dan

Posts: 842 | From: Ohio | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.