Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Sex drive too high D:

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sex drive too high D:
Member # 50453

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dioranata     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I find it bizarre that those words can even go together, but there you go.

I'm a 20 year old female who has never had a romantic or sexual partner. I normally have a fairly cyclical high-low sex drive, which is fine with me, and have been masturbating since I was reeally little, so no issue there with "handling it" so to speak. I have endometriosis which makes penetration extremely painful (which is part of why I'm not interested in jumping into partnered sex anytime soon); I'm currently on some pretty serious hormone-messing-with treatment that was supposed to kill my sex drive. Which was fine, whatever, I can deal with that.

But it didn't. It shot it through the roof. I seriously cannot get my mind or body away from arousal for more than a few hours, and I can't really masturbate as often as I've been wanting to recently. It's really getting distracting and inconvenient. I'm a busy person, I have other stuff to do! I have an appt with my gyn in a few weeks, so I'm definitely going to ask about it then, but I was wondering if anyone had advice on dealing with this so i can get on with my life until then. (Exercise has occurred to me as an option except the endometriosis makes that painful too, yay.)

Posts: 1 | From: USA | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey dioranata, Welcome to Scarleteen!

A lot of times when it comes to things like this when you can't or don't have time are things like thinking of something that you don't find sexy, talking a nice slow walk (which is exercise that won't be mega painful), reading a chapter in a book, or finding something you like to do that's non-sexual in nature.

"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.