Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Could this be a Vaginal cysts?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Could this be a Vaginal cysts?
wifey_type_2
Activist
Member # 39028

Icon 4 posted      Profile for wifey_type_2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Im 20 years old & today i notice a huge knot (painless& knot is under the skin) on the inside of my vagina (on my vaginal wall) I never had a pap & im scared to tell my mom. Help what to do cause im super scared!!! [Frown]

[ 12-05-2010, 11:18 PM: Message edited by: wifey_type_2 ]

Posts: 84 | From: Montgomery | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eryn_smiles
Peer Ambassador
Member # 35643

Icon 1 posted      Profile for eryn_smiles         Edit/Delete Post 
Your best bet would be to show your gynecologist who'll be able to take a look and reassure you. It seems like you've been sexually active for a while? Have you seen a gyn before and had an STI test? You don't need to tell your mom that you're going to see them and everything you talk about will be kept confidential.

--------------------
"Caring for myself is not self-indulgence, it is self-preservation and that is an act of political warfare."

Audre Lorde

Posts: 1326 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wifey_type_2
Activist
Member # 39028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wifey_type_2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I been sexually active for 2 years & i have been tested for std's. My last test was in Oct
Posts: 84 | From: Montgomery | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm confused: a pap smear is usually going to be part of STI tests. STI testing tends to involve blood tests, urine tests, a visual exam and a pap smear.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OWL Dan
Activist
Member # 49077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OWL Dan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would highly recommend seeing your Dr because, even if we were Drs, there is no way this can be diagnosed via the internet.

Also, you said that you are scared of telling your mom. Do you feel that she would not be supportive? If that is true, you do not have to tell your mom anything that you don't want to; especially since you are a legal adult. On the other hand, if you have the type of relationship where she would be supportive or if there is someone else you trust, they may be a help to you while you are having things checked.

[ 12-06-2010, 08:25 PM: Message edited by: OWL Dan ]

--------------------
Dan

Posts: 842 | From: Ohio | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wifey_type_2
Activist
Member # 39028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wifey_type_2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had a blood test.. never a pap & im just scared cause idk how to tell her
OWL Dan
Activist
Member # 49077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OWL Dan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would suggest that you simply tell your mom that you discovered something that has you scared and go from there.
I would suggest that the sooner you can schedule an appointment, the sooner you could know some answers and hopefully be able to relax or calm down because (if needed) it is being taken care of. [Smile]

--------------------
Dan

Posts: 842 | From: Ohio | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wifey_type_2
Activist
Member # 39028

Thanks.. Im going 2 tell her 2morrow
OWL Dan
Activist
Member # 49077

You're Welcome and I wish you well!

--------------------
Dan

Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just FYI, if you only had a blood test, you have not been tested for all STIs. So, when you have your GYN appointment, I'd ask about getting a full STI panel, too, okay?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.