Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Birth Control Pills && Menstruel

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Birth Control Pills && Menstruel
LiiviinLaviidalocaaa
Activist
Member # 42288

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LiiviinLaviidalocaaa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This Cycle My Period Was Brown && Less Than Last Month Which Is Horrible Because I Bleed Only 1-2 Days Normally, IDK What To Do, Should I Wait Till Next Cycle To C My Period Or Call Gyno Now? I Want My Period To Get Better Which Is One Of The Reasons I Came On BC Pills All It Did So Far Is Regulate It It Comes Every Month On Time, I'm Worried, What Should I Do? && I Jus Finnished My Third Cycle

--------------------
~*~ Live Laugh Love ~*~

Posts: 182 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It sounds like that may have BEEN your period. Did it happen during the placebo pills?

I'm also not sure I understand what effects you want the pill to have on your period. What the pill does is create an artificial "withdrawal bleed," usually during the same time as the placebo pills, and it's usually lighter and shorter than a menstrual period. For people who had bad PMS or cramping with periods, it can also often reduce those symptoms.

(Just FYI, when you post, can you not capitalize every word? It makes it really hard to read your posts. Just capitalizing at the start of sentences and with proper nouns not only saves you time w/the shift key, and it's just proper grammar, it's also a lot easier to read. Thanks!)

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LiiviinLaviidalocaaa
Activist
Member # 42288

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LiiviinLaviidalocaaa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yeah it was on the inactive pills, i want it to make my period longer also, like all 7 days like its supposed to go

--------------------
~*~ Live Laugh Love ~*~

Posts: 182 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The birth control pill cannot do that and is highly unlikely TO do that.

Can I ask why that's something you want? There's nothing more healthy about a longer period (or less so) than a shorter one. As well, not everyone's periods ARE seven days, so there's no "supposed to" here. On the pill, you don't have a real period anymore regardless, but for women who do have periods, how long their flow lasts for varies, and while longer than 8-10 days is something to be concerned about, shorter than that usually is not.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LiiviinLaviidalocaaa
Activist
Member # 42288

Oh ok it jus used to be longer it randomly got so short to 1-2 days

--------------------
~*~ Live Laugh Love ~*~

Heather
Member # 3

Well, if you started using birth control pills, it probably wasn't random. Like I said, birth control pills create a withdrawal bleed that is commonly shorter and lighter than menstrual periods.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

LiiviinLaviidalocaaa
Activist
Member # 42288

i meant whnen i first started menstruating then over the yrs it got random on the bc its percise every month

--------------------
~*~ Live Laugh Love ~*~

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.