Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Help!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help!!!
caro07p
Neophyte
Member # 47155

Icon 1 posted      Profile for caro07p     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hello i have a big question please help me im super scared, im worried that i might be pregnant, one day i was in my bed, and i started to masturbate, once i finished i remembered i had use the bathroom and i washed my hands and dried them with a the towel about 2 hours before, and my hands were dry, no wetness at all, but is it possible i could have touched something that had dry sperm, im worried that my brother or someone might have sperm in there hand and i touched it and then i masturbated, im a virgin and i only rubbed my clit i didnt touch my vigina, could i be pregnant, please help me, i was suppose to get my period yesterday, but i didnt, please help im 16 i cant get pregnant, i dont even have a boy friend, im freaking out!
Posts: 5 | From: riverside | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is absolutely no way that you got pregnant fro the situation you describe.

Take a look at this article to get a better idea of how a pregnancy can be created:
Where DID I Come From? A Refresher Course in Human Reproduction

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What you are describing does NOT present any kind of pregnancy risk.

No one needs to worry about pregnancy from indirect touching of maybe-once-semen like this. Seriously. That's just not how pregnancy can occur.

Do you feel pretty filled in on how pregnancy does happen? If not, we'd be glad to give you some links and explain it to you here.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
caro07p
Neophyte
Member # 47155

Icon 1 posted      Profile for caro07p     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you so much you guys made me feel better, yes i do understand better, i am just worried because of the what if, but i feel better, i just hope my period comes soon, thank you!
Posts: 5 | From: riverside | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, but the "what if" is never a question when you're talking about things like towels. In order for pregnancy to happen, there not only usually needs to be direct body-to-body contact, but sperm NEED the fluid they come in in semen both to survive and to create a pregnancy.

Okay? [Smile]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
caro07p
Neophyte
Member # 47155

Ok, sorry, i was just confused and scared, i was mostly worried because im a cancer survivor and in case i get sick again and im pregnant, they might want hurt the baby especially my mom,and hurting the baby will never be an option i would ever consider, and yes now i know there is no possible way i be get pregnant. thank you very much and im sorry [Smile]
Heather
Member # 3

You don't need to be sorry! Just wanted to make sure you understood so you didn't have to panic unduly.

I'm not sure what you mean by "hurting the baby." However, there's no medical precedent for "hurting babies" of those with cancer or survivors of cancer. Sometimes it's advised that people getting cancer treatment who become pregnant terminate their pregnancies, as some treatments can cause fetal abnormalities that CAN harm a fetus, but in no case can anyone make those decisions for you.

[ 06-25-2010, 03:09 PM: Message edited by: Heather ]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

caro07p
Neophyte
Member # 47155

yes i know, thank you

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.