Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Sperm on hand?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sperm on hand?
ajaj1842
Neophyte
Member # 46935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ajaj1842     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, I have a question:

My cycle is usually between 26 and 30 days in length. On the 6th day of my period (my period lasts 7 days), I gave my boyfriend a "hand job". He was, however, wearing underwear and Dickies work pants. I don't think his pants were ever wet from pre-seminal or seminal fluid. For the sake of the question, let's assume they were moist. After, we sat and talked for about 45 minutes, then I proceeded to use to restroom where I washed my hands with liquid soap and warm water before I went the bathroom. When I was wiping after I urinated, my hand slipped a bit from the toliet paper, so I might have touched my "area". Am I at a risk for pregnancy? And let's say I had been ovulating at the time, would I be at a risk?

Thanks.

Posts: 32 | From: Santa Monica, CA | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Animica
Activist
Member # 44734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Animica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, this doesn't sound like something that could cause a pregnancy. Sperm are really frail and die within minutes. Sperm need semen to live, and once semen is dry, there's no way for them to stay alive. Considering that there was a gap of 45 minutes between the hand job and going to the restroom, and the fact that you washed your hands before using the restroom, there is no possible way the sperm could be alive, so there's no pregnancy risk there. This is from the "Pregnancy Risk Assessment: Oral or Manual Sex" page on Scarleteen:
quote:
If you DID wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water after getting semen on your hands, then you have NO risk of pregnancy.
Here's the link to the page:
Pregnancy Risk Assessment: Oral or Manual Sex

Hope this helped. [Smile]

[ 05-04-2010, 11:09 PM: Message edited by: I.am.a.person. ]

Posts: 132 | From: La La Land | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ajaj1842
Neophyte
Member # 46935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ajaj1842     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you for your help!

I am just wondering if I could also have Heather's input...

Posts: 32 | From: Santa Monica, CA | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ajaj1842
Neophyte
Member # 46935

Today my breasts have been very tender, and they feel more tender than usual. My last period was on april 17th. on may 7th i took a pregnancy test because they've been so tender. was it too earlier to take the test? this has been my only "risk" of pregnancy.
ajaj1842
Neophyte
Member # 46935

And I also ask if I took the test too early because on the box it says it can detect the hCG hormone 5 days before a missed period; however, your site says that 2 weeks from the risk--when I took it it was 2 weeks and 2 days from my risk.
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You did not have a pregnancy risk. Sperm cannot get through two layers of clothing. Even if they could, they die within around 15 minutes of exposure to air. And if any die-hard superheroes had made it all the way to you washing your hands that would have done them in for sure.

If you took the test at more than 2 weeks after your 'risk', you can be sure that the result was accurate.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.