Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Nipple discharged

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Nipple discharged
lalaluff13
Neophyte
Member # 49627

Icon 11 posted      Profile for lalaluff13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(Sorry this might be a bit gross) So earlier today i noticed that there was sort of like this pimple like bump on my left nipple. So i squeezed it and out came a yellow-green pus. I squeezed it again and there was clear pus or liquid that came out. I freaked out and i did a self breast examinations right away, and i didn't feel any bumps. do you have any ideas what that yellow-green pus is? should i be worry about this? is there any over the counter meds i can take for it? thanks for your help!
Posts: 14 | From: Hilo, Hawaii | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, we can get pimples on breasts or areolas, but the glands of the breasts or nipples can also get infected.

So, my best suggestion is that this is one more thing to talk to a sexual healthcare provider about. have you made an appointment at one of those clinics yet?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lalaluff13
Neophyte
Member # 49627

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lalaluff13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i looked into it but the one i can go to only have appointment on wednesday and i have school during the time that its open. I'll go during springbreak.

can this be a STI? should i be concerned about this? is it serious? is there anything i can do in the mean time?

Posts: 14 | From: Hilo, Hawaii | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know of any sexually transmitted illness which presents with infections of the breast, no.

In the meantime, your best bet is not to mess with it or keep squeezing. Instead, you can just put a warm compress on it now and then which should help anything yucky in there work itself out. Squeezing things like zits, boils or infected glands can spread the infection.

Chances are it's nothing to worry about, but that said one of the clinics right where you are has days available besides Wednesday and hours after school hours: http://www.bayclinic.org/hilofamilyhealthcenter.asp

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lalaluff13
Neophyte
Member # 49627

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lalaluff13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks Heather! [Smile]

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.