Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Really weird.....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Really weird.....
lucy700
Neophyte
Member # 46418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lucy700     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok so, for the past 3 days i've been experiencing a throbbing sensation in the middle of my right arm. There is no pain but I can see it throbbing! The sensation lasts for no more than 10 seconds and usually stops if I straighten out my arm, but has been happening a few times a day. I've also had occasional/light pain in my hands, legs and occasional chest discomfort. For the past few weeks I have been on quite a strict diet (just lots of fruit and vegetables, low fat things and no snacks) and have also been going to the gym almost every day. Could this have anything to do with this problem? I'm also on my sixth month of the progestogen only pill Cerazette so wondered if that might be causing it too? I'm on holiday at the moment so can't see a doctor till the 19th of April but i'm a bit worried. I did a bit of research online and found out that it could just be a simple thing like muscle spasm from lots of excercise or a strained muscle or something? But the stuff online also mentions terrifying stuff like heart attacks. Please can anyone help put my mind at rest?
Posts: 4 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lucy700
Neophyte
Member # 46418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lucy700     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Forgot to add..like I said, it usually stops if I straighten my arm out and usually starts when my arm is bent so this is making me think it may be more of a muscular problem?
Posts: 4 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thehiddenone
Activist
Member # 39654

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thehiddenone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it sounds to me that this throbbing your experiencing is just a trapped nerve, try to massage it/get someone to eventually it will hopefully stop, this is what i think but i advise you go to the doctors.
Posts: 108 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lucy700
Neophyte
Member # 46418

Ok thank you. As I say, I cant get to a doctor until i'm back from holiday. Do you think this will be ok? And do you think it's anything to do with the pill or with the increased amount of excercise/change in diet?

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.