Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Any way to induce a stress-delayed period?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Any way to induce a stress-delayed period?
mizchastain
Activist
Member # 32224

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mizchastain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't menstruated since November, and since I'm definitely not pregnant, I know it's most likely stress - final year of uni. I had the same problem back during my A levels. Doctor says they can't do anything until it hasn't come for six months. I keep getting uncomfortable cramps or feeling hungrier or thirstier than usual, which makes me think it's about to start, and then it doesn't. Is there anything I can do to make it come on faster? The waiting is starting to annoy me, and if it is stress-induced that's only making it worse.
Posts: 475 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's really nothing you can do to make your period come faster.

But since you've also checked in with your doctor to make sure that your missing periods aren't a sign of some underlying condition, there is also really no reason to hurry them along.

So why not try focusing less on your periods and more on sorting out the other stress factors in your life? Your period will come when it does.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mizchastain
Activist
Member # 32224

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mizchastain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I'll just keep an eye out. I'm just a little uncomfortable because, while I can't say I actually enjoy having my period, I do find it reassuring - sort of a sign that everything's working right.
Posts: 475 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mizchastain
Activist
Member # 32224

And of course the very day I complain about it not coming, it starts. Oh well, it's started now, that's the important part. Doctor asked me to call them when it did start so I can take a blood test just in case, but there's probably nothing wrong, so I'm not too worried.
mizchastain
Activist
Member # 32224

It's the morning after I posted that last part, and I thought it had come, but all I've got are some bad cramps and some reddish mucous, not a proper flow. Should I be concerned, or just wait and keep an eye on it?
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Give it a day or two. Periods can start out with light spotting - this may turn into a proper period yet.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mizchastain
Activist
Member # 32224

Flowing normally now. Phew! Cramps are rather bad at the moment, but it's a relief that it's started, and my cramps never last long. Doctor wanted me to contact her after it started, so I'll call her on Monday.
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

That's good news! [Smile]

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

WesLuck
Activist
Member # 56822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WesLuck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is! Sometimes our bodies can be a little hard to time, or co-ordinate. [Wink] Having and managing periods is certainly a big responsibility, and I can certainly understand why they sometimes can be worrying, for sure! [Smile]
Posts: 540 | From: Australia | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mizchastain
Activist
Member # 32224

Got back my test - results are normal, and I'm regular again by now. Relief all round [Smile]

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.