Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Concerns About Period

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Concerns About Period
LovelyEmo
Neophyte
Member # 44518

Icon 4 posted      Profile for LovelyEmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
About a month ago, my boyfriend and I had vaginal sex (we only do that on special occasions). He used a condom and didn't finish inside me. He pulled out and finsihed himself off on an old shirt.

A week later I got my regular period, but it was very light. I'm normally very heavy with the flow (like, using an over night max pad and super over night tampon at the same time, and having to change every other hour to prevent bleeding through heavy...it runs in the family), so getting a period so light that I had almost no cramps, only used a couple tampons a day, and skipped a day or two in between those days was really weird.

The month after (also, we'd had sex a few more times in between these periods. We didn't use a condom those times because it wasn't vaginal; though he always worries that we'll have another accident where his sperm leaked out and into my vagina and I had to take Plan B), when my next period came around, I started my period a couple days late and for two days before, I'd had cramping.
For one of the days on it, I wouldn't go to school because the cramps were so bad that I didn't want to get out of bed; that was really weird since pain killers didn't even help.
I wanted to throw up every where for a while.
The flow was extra heavy, even for me. I was running to the bathroom every hour and changing, and bled through a couple of times anyway.
The flow was also a slightly different color and had thicker, I guess clumping in it.
I was really sore and missed another day of school - and then when my period ended, it spotted on and off for a couple more days.

My boyfriend made some "compliments" that he'd noticed my breasts were a little bigger/firmer, too. Though he wanted to know if I was feeling okay (he made my promise so many times) because I had a swollen belly. It wasn't bad, it was just a little noticable compared to my normal figure.
I hadn't noticed since I was too busy with a sore back and legs from I guess when I'd been running my horse a week earlier...

Anyway, anyone have any ideas what would make my period act so weird?
-Skipping days with lightness and then the next time being extra heavy with some thicker parts in it.

(I've been having periods for about four or so years)...(I'm also back to regular flow with my period now- though I was a little late again, and with some extra cramps)
Thanks <3

[ 11-02-2009, 07:31 PM: Message edited by: LovelyEmo ]

--------------------
:.I Spent A Month There One Night.:

Posts: 11 | From: TN, USA | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure I'm understanding something: the times you didn't use a condom, that wasn't for intercourse? In other words, you have or have not always used a condom for intercourse?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LovelyEmo
Neophyte
Member # 44518

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LovelyEmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When we didn't use a condom, it was for masterbation with each other or non-vaginal sex (like, oral or anal sex).
We do use condoms when we have vaginal sex, except those couple of times that he would accidently slip inside...but then he pulled straight back out. I don't think he even pre-cummed those times because we had just started.

--------------------
:.I Spent A Month There One Night.:

Posts: 11 | From: TN, USA | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, so those times you used withdrawal perfectly then (which is 96% effective in perfect use). other times you used condoms.

So, it sounds like pregnancy is pretty unlikely.

What that suggests is that if all of this is related (it may not be) and more than a fluke, you are having something else go on reproductively/hormonally. That may be something normal (like more sexual development: thus, some breast and weight changes), or may be about something like a cyst or another health issue you'd want to have looked into. So, what I'd suggest is just keeping an eye on your next couple cycles: if they seem unusual to you, too, then it might be sound to check in with your reproductive healthcare provider.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.