Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » forehead lines

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: forehead lines
zoap
Neophyte
Member # 40043

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zoap     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hope this is the right forum.

I'm fifteen and I have forehead lines already...
There are two, but they aren't that noticeable unless you look really hard. They're not like those super skin folds that require botox or anything, but they're definetly lines and they annoy me to no end and I can kinda feel them when I rub my forehead. I guess I raise my eyebrows too much? What can I do?

I'm not sad or anything, I just noticed them one day and now whenever I look in a mirror...

[ 09-20-2008, 08:15 PM: Message edited by: zoap ]

Posts: 3 | From: usa | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cool87         Edit/Delete Post 
Have other people noticed it too, told you anything about it or are you the only one noticing those forehead lines ?

It doesn't sound to me like there's a particular problem here, this sounds normal to be from what you described (although I can't take a look at them from over the net), especially since you said you have to ''look really hard'' to see them. That does sound like within normal to me.

Unless it's causing you problems in your life, I wouldn't worry about it. No human being is perfect, we all have our little imperfections and the best thing to do about them is to simply try to accept them as they are.

--------------------
Sustain Scarleteen by donating
http://www.scarleteen.com/donate.html

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just FYI? Nothing "requires" Botox or other cosmetic procedures. [Smile] People have had wrinkles for all of human history and let them be, even appreciated them. In fact, I think the faces of the oldest people are the coolest to look at, myself.

Wrinkles and expression lines are a normal part of life as we become and remain adults. You can start using a moisturizer if you're not already, but for the most part, these kinds of changes are things we all live with (and at 38, I know this, too) and which only are an issue if we make them one.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
appleorchard
Activist
Member # 40302

Icon 1 posted      Profile for appleorchard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
im 15 as well, and i have a whole buncha wrinkles in my face [Razz]
but really, i think you're just being paranoid. we all, from 2-100 have smile lines, nothing wrong with it at all. but if it reaaallly bothers you, you can try some lotion, moisturizing it might give your skin a bit more lacticity, seeming as you, and i, are so young, it might just be dry skin.

Posts: 69 | From: USA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.