Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » GF painful during sex.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: GF painful during sex.
Dom
Neophyte
Member # 38510

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Dom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My girlfriend and I have been together for 2 years, and for most of that time, our sex was pretty amazing. She has been on the Depo Provera contraceptive for probably close to a year now. For the past few months though, she experiences immense pain during and after the intercourse. She gets red on the outside on the lips, and she says it also hurts inside, especially when I don't "pull out". We think it might possibly be lack of lubrication. But just this last time, she was very wet down there and it still hurt her. I am definitely not HUGE, but I am rather wide. Could that be it? And if that's it, why did it take this long to start hurting her? I'm scared that it's dyspareunia. Any help?
Posts: 5 | From: California | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orca
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33665

Icon 1 posted      Profile for orca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do you use plenty of lube when you have sex? Contrary to popular belief, the vagina usually does not produce all of the lube needed for sex. The lube you buy in the store can really make things a lot smoother and more enjoyable. Second, when was the last time your girlfriend went to the gynecologist? Yearly exams are a very good idea for women who have started having sex or are on hormonal birth control. It sounds like it might be a good idea for her to go in anyway to make sure there isn't an infection going on. It would also be a good idea for both of you to get STI testing done just to make sure it's not anything like that either.

So first things first, your girlfriend should get checked out for an infection. The two of you should definitely take a break from sex until you find out what's wrong and she is healed. When you do have sex after everything has been checked out, make sure you use plenty of lube. Also, check out this article.

[ 05-19-2008, 02:20 PM: Message edited by: orca ]

--------------------
Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.--Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Posts: 2726 | From: North America | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dom
Neophyte
Member # 38510

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We have never had intercourse with anyone else, should we still get the STI test? Because we've been having sex for a LONG time. Aside from that, we actually haven't been using any lube. Do you think it would help it?
Posts: 5 | From: California | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orca
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33665

Icon 1 posted      Profile for orca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
While the chances of STI are much lower if both of you were virgins, they are not nonexistant as some STIs can be transmitted without sexual contact, so it would still be a good idea to get that testing done. Your girlfriend should go to her doctor to also make sure she doesn't have anything like a yeast infection or bacterial vaginosis, and she should do that as soon as possible. And YES lube will definitely help. Just take a look at this answer Heather gave someone about lube. But again, you two should lay off from sex until she's been checked out and is all healed up.

--------------------
Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.--Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Posts: 2726 | From: North America | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dom
Neophyte
Member # 38510

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just don't understand, because we went like a year before this even became a problem. Why did it just start happening? That's why I think something's wrong.
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cool87         Edit/Delete Post 
Have you taken a look at this:
From OW to WOW !Demystifying painful intercourse

I'd definatly try using lube, since that's not something you've been doing, but if the discomfort/pain does not go away, then I'd definatly suggest your partner to schedule an appointment to her GYN just to make there's no infection going on and to help her determine what might be the cause of this incomfort during sex.

[ 05-19-2008, 05:18 PM: Message edited by: cool87 ]

--------------------
Sustain Scarleteen by donating
http://www.scarleteen.com/donate.html

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pyro_angel
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 13245

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pyro_angel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Also, Depo is a progesterone-based hormonal method. Based on information from my doctor and what's on the site, I believe progesterone is the hormone that causes lower libido, dryness, etc. So the birth control may have something to do with it. A chat with her doctor can confirm this, and maybe switching methods would help.

--------------------
Courtenay

Posts: 593 | From: Kamloops, BC, Canada | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jer
Neophyte
Member # 38553

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
also, is she taking any other meds??? or has she been giving blood recently? those both can affect things. i'm havin sorta that problem myself with my girl, to be honest.
Posts: 13 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.