Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » I know this gets asked all the time, but...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I know this gets asked all the time, but...
Hana59
Neophyte
Member # 37674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hana59     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boobs. They frustrate me a lot.
I'm 19 and have just now made it into a real A cup, and I'm wondering if I'll grow anymore.

--I had my "growth spurt" when I was 12. That's when I started my period, too. I haven't grown taller since 11th grade.

--I wore the same training bras from 6th grade until 9th grade. When I gained a little weight in tenth grade, I had to get some new ones. Same thing happened in 12th grade, but I was still wearing ones from the girls section.

--Now I can finally fit into real A's. I kind of wish I could make it to a B though.

--My mom is some kind of D, and she's not that much heavier than me. And on both sides of the family, nobody is tiny in the breast department except my sisters and I, but they're younger.

--I've been on an ultra-low dose BCP for three months now, which may have helped me grow a bit, but then again, I grew all over, gaining 10 pounds on my tiny frame.

--I think I am still in Tanner Stage 4. Although I wouldn't really be able to tell.

--My breasts have been sore ever since I started on the pill.

Anyway, I'm just wondering if I can really still be developing. I'm okay with how I am, generally, and my boyfriend actually likes my small boobs, but I wonder if I'll ever look like my mom.

Posts: 20 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ASargent42
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 28733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ASargent42     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Breast size is largely determined by genetics. Was your mom always big? I know my mom was tiny (barely a B) before she had kids, and then she bloomed into a D. Same with my grandmother, and my aunts on my moms side. Neither my sister or I have had kids, Yet we are a C and DD, respectively. We think it came from my dads side, but we can't be sure, because my dad came from a family of all boys.
So it could be possible that maybe you got a recessive gene, or something like that.

Being that you are 19, you are pretty much done developing. It's possible that if you have kids, you might grow a little more (like my mom did), but then again, you might not. And there really isn;t anythign you can do about it anyway, except augmentation. And if you don't mind them anyway, then there is no need of that. [Smile]

--------------------
Amanda
Scarleteen Volunteer

Help us out- Donate!

Posts: 1152 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.