Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Peace of Mind

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Peace of Mind
coolmoon_03
Neophyte
Member # 34732

Icon 8 posted      Profile for coolmoon_03     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, I was helping my mom clean out old files at my grandparents house today and I was rumaging througha supply box and I felt shomething sharp prick my pinky finger. I quickly checked and didn't see a wound or any blood. I then pulled out a protracter and it looked fine, but it was in a file cabinet and dust was around it.

Now I know you can get tetanus from dust, as well as other things, but I didn't know you had to draw blood to acquire the bacteria. I also checked my medical records and the lastest I could find on my shots was 1990 for the series you get when your young. However, I remember getting boosters when I was older, but I can't find those files.

I mean I'm sure there's nothing to worry about, since it's so rare to get it nowadays, but it still bothers me that the protractor was sitting in all that dust.

Posts: 2 | From: VA | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penwords
Neophyte
Member # 34602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penwords     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to the CDC, (http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vpd-vac/tetanus/in-short-both.htm#who) you should have a booster shot every ten years.

I'd guess your doctor's office should have records of the booster shots and would also probably be glad to tell you whether or not you need to do something about your recent puncture wound.

Posts: 24 | From: MI | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.