Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » penis insecurities

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: penis insecurities
jon6511
Neophyte
Member # 32670

Icon 8 posted      Profile for jon6511     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
im completely confident with my body except for my penis. It curves up against my body and to the left. It faces under my left shoulder. I know some curvature is natural, but I hate mine and have a question about it. There are red dots on the left base of my penis. They are not pimples or anything growing, but some permenant mark. I don't know if these are blood vessels or something interior. It seems like this one area of my penis failed to grow, so it makes the rest of it curve. Is it possible this was cause by an impact or trauma, because I can recall one when i was younger? I would also like to point out the area feels perfectly normal and there is no pain or discomfort when I get an errection.

If the curve is totally natural, is there a way to straighten it without surgery, like with a cream? I know it may not be necessary, but people get plastic surgery to feel better about themselves, and having a straighter penis would make me feel better about myself.

Posts: 1 | From: new york | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, we don't tend to be supportive of most cosmetic surgeries around here, and to boot, most studies show that folks with self-esteem or self-image problems still pretty much have them after cosmetic curgery anyway.

Penis curvature occurs deep within the penis, and there aren't surgeries or creams to correct normal curvature (bear in mind, too, that with any surgery to the genitals, there are high risks of losing function and/or levels of sensation, which is a much bigger problem). Normal curvature also isn't about a lack of growth in one area: abnormal curvature can be, however, though it's about the internal structures (which you can't see) developing unevenly.

Sounds to me like more than anything, you just need to know if your penis is okay and normal. To get that information, you need to just have a doctor take a look at it: without having a look, no one is going to be able to give you solid information on if what's up with you is just a normal variation, or if you've got an injury (though it sounds like this is likely not the case, but some conditions, like Peyronie's Disease, can cause curvature, so it never hurts to check things out, especially when you just have a strong need to know).

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.