Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Girls and their self image...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Girls and their self image...
Dan---
Neophyte
Member # 31786

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan---     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I recently notice girls becoming extremely concerned in their self image, I gotta tell you girls, most guys including myself like a girl dirty and weathered just as much as one who has spent an hour infront of a mirror. I truly do find extremly buitifull women a turn-off, they remind me of barbies, they look fake. So, my advice, save your self an hour and go to your next part dressed casual!

--------------------
When the pain clouds out the goal, try harder...Daniel Fairweather

Posts: 11 | From: HighRolls, NewMexico | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Dan, welcome to Scarleteen!

Check out this post, and the wonderful reply by Beppie, that addresses women's self-image and those who want to support women (or hey, men too!) with self and body image issues:

http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=004890

Remember, too, that while a number of people (men and women) spend a large amount of time getting themselves ready to go out - be it dressing up or make-up or doing their hair or what have you - and do so because of a self-image related problem, there are many people who choose to do so because they ENJOY doing so; they do so for their own, not for anyone else's, enjoyment.

So, while you may prefer women to be more casual when they go out, there may be some women who enjoy really dressing up and making themselves up for a party, and they'll do it for themselves, not because they're worried about what other people may think they look like without make-up. I know I, personally, enjoy putting on a little more make-up and dressing up more when I go out to dinner or with friends because it's something I don't get to do very often or in my day-to-day life, so it makes me feel like the occasion's a bit more special because I get to prepare differently for it and take a bit more time. [Smile]

--------------------
Jean
aka dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love us? Want to keep us in your lives and hearts? Give what you can!

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.