Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » depress

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: depress
nikka
Neophyte
Member # 29837

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nikka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi everyone. i feel really sad today so i decided to post something and so to expect others might actually help me.
Im new in this hometown and practically im trying to get to know other people and ride on their gigs, im really trying to enjoy but i guess i misses half part of who really i am.. i cant be myself whenever i hang around with some peepz here, im having a little problem in speaking in english and i certainly dont know how to approach them and start an interesting conversation on whoever i tend to meet. i dont know but i have this weird feeling that others dont actually like me the first time theyre going to meet me, i can say that because i actually can compare on how the way they treat others. i guess its just so hard to live without having true friends to hang around with and act be exactly yourself. i feel so weird all the time that im stuck in my room doing nothing and just get on computer and stuff. i really dont know what to do, im a little scared of rejections.. so i feel so depressed..

really need your help guys.

--------------------
nikka_3

Posts: 1 | From: california | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blueveggie
Activist
Member # 26508

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blueveggie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Moving somewhere else can be difficult, especially when there's nobody you know.

Perhaps taking some fun summer classes that you enjoy (art, music, writing, computer design, etc) might introduce you to people who have your same interests. It sounds cliche but it really does work..

To some extent, you have to be brave. Don't try to be someone else to attract people- because then when you try to be true to yourself then they'll have a whole 'nother person to know. Just be friendly, say hello, smile. Friends tend to come to you [Smile] And if someone is cold towards you, or nasty- then maybe they aren't worth knowing any further.

Good luck and be patient! Things take time [Smile]

Posts: 86 | From: southern CA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.