Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » oral

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: oral
chonies
Neophyte
Member # 29963

Icon 9 posted      Profile for chonies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My boyfriend has been wanting to give me oral sex for a while now, but I am too scared to let him do anything down there! I'm scared if I smell or taste funny. ah help me! I really want it to try it since I've never recieved before.
Posts: 4 | From: Naperville, IL | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cool87         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First, you are never obligated to have oral sex performed on you if you aren't ready or if you don't feel like doing it. Do it only if YOU want to do it too.

As for the taste, considering you use a dental dam you shouldn't worry about it. If you don't do what a dental dam is, it's a sheet of latex used during oral sex performed on a women. That sheet makes a barrier between the vagina and the mouth and therefore protect you and your partner from getting STDs. If you don't want to by some, making one with a condom will do just fine. By using that, you don't have to worry about the taste.

And you're not supposed to have a really bad smell down there if you don't have a infection. Sure there can be an odor but I don't think that's something to repulse your boyfriend, really. It's not a strong odor.

If you still feel scared about the smell and taste, maybe you should reconsider the fact that you might not be ready to do it yet with your boyfriend ?

But again, the taste and smell is not something you should worry about if you use a dental dam and don't have an infection or problem down there.

--------------------
Sustain Scarleteen by donating
http://www.scarleteen.com/donate.html

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djuna
Activist
Member # 29269

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djuna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sure a condom would work fine, but a free alternative is saran wrap (thats clingfilm for Brits like me). Always trying to save money, me. [Smile]

--------------------
“In a strange room, before you are emptied for sleep, what are you. And when you are filled with sleep you never were. I don’t know what I am. I don’t know if I am or not... how often have I lain beneath rain on a strange roof, thinking of home.”

Posts: 1269 | From: London, UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cool87         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But if you use saran wrap, it is important that it is non-microwavable because the pores in microwaveable saran wrap are large enough to allow viruses and bacteria to pass through.

--------------------
Sustain Scarleteen by donating
http://www.scarleteen.com/donate.html

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.