Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Diet plans?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Diet plans?
rachael
Neophyte
Member # 31078

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rachael     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I tried looking around here, but couldn't find anything

I know you guys don't advice people to loose weight, but I want to, and have tried many times, but I allways seem to gain it back, and I'm sick of those diets where you only eat 900 calories a day or count your points, or where you can eat a pound of bacon but not an apple.
I'm 18(allmost 19) and I am medically overweight. I don't want to become one of those stick figures, but I'm also not comfertable with allways having to buy XL clothing or shop at a plus size store.
I'd like to loose about 30-40lbs.
So, my question is, I know its about eating healthy and exersising. But I have no idea how to go about that.
Does anyone have some sort of a meal plan they followed?
Also, I do have a membership to my university gym, i just haven't gone yet because the day after i got it, i fractured my foot, lol.
All help will be appreiated.

Posts: 19 | From: toronto | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you heard of Canada's Food Guide? It's relatively simple to use ... It's all about portion control and eating the right amount of the right foods and limiting extras. You can learn more about it here

Canada also has an exercise guide, which you can find here. I believe the standard is 60 minutes of exercise three times per week, as a minimum. And there are a lot of little things you can do too (like walking instead of driving, and taking the stairs instead of the elevator) that can make a big difference.

Other than all that ... You'll need to see your doctor for a more detailed plan. We can't give you one here.

[ 10-14-2006, 10:51 PM: Message edited by: LilBlueSmurf ]

--------------------
Nursing is a work of heart!
~ unknown

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RainWhispers
Neophyte
Member # 30726

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RainWhispers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The way I lost weight was kinda easy. The cereal diet. Replace two meals a day with a healthy cereal (Special K is recomended cuz they created this diet) and eat the third meal normally. I also exercised with DDR, which was fun but also gave me a workout. I did a few simple exercises too, such as push ups, sit ups, leg lifts, and stuff like that. You can find exercises all over the internet.

Other than going on a strict diet, try cutting out sugary drinks, such as soda or juices/teas that have sugar as the first or second ingrediant (or high fructose corn syrup, which is another name for sugar). I steered away from greasey and fatty foods and stuck to sandwiches and healthy foods like that. You can eat carbs and stuff, but don't overdo it. Anything overdone can be bad. I remember for the longest time I only drank orange juice and water through the day, and I lost weight without even exercising.

Hope this helps. =)

Posts: 16 | From: NJ | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.