Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » armpit horror

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: armpit horror
lil_princess
Neophyte
Member # 28640

Icon 11 posted      Profile for lil_princess         Edit/Delete Post 
I have been shaving my armpits since i was in grade 8 and i am in grade ten now.During the past month till now i have been getting pimles covering the whole two armpits. they are usualy red and pussy. Not only the are horrible they are really embarassing ,that i have to keep my arms down.
I have tried things like not appling deoderant straight after i shave and using clean razors and also not shaving for 2 weeks but thats just gross having hairy armpits.

.......What should i do? Plz help!....... [Confused]

--------------------
***SaRaH***

Posts: 4 | From: Australia | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's perfectly okay to have hairy armpits, and frankly, it sounds like your skin needs a bit of a break. For the existing zits, try a bit of neosporin or another anti-bacterial cream. Also, mosturizing the skin will help it immensely.

For more info on the not shaving thing, check out our Shaving FAQ.

--------------------
Caylin, Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Scarleteen? Donations keep us around for you. So give a little! (Or a lot. Whatever works for you.)

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria319
Activist
Member # 19692

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria319     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've also found that using a good shaving cream (usually intended for the sensitive skin on men's faces) helps keep the skin from getting irritated. Also, steer clear of disposable razors. If you can, pick up a slightly more expensive razor that you can buy replacement blades for.

--------------------
"You owe me two lifetimes and a pair of perfect blue eyes."

Posts: 407 | From: Georgia | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.