Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » weight

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: weight
kathryn15
Neophyte
Member # 27309

Icon 10 posted      Profile for kathryn15     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Am i fat? i weigh just over 7 stone and im about 5"4 every one tells me im not but i think i am.yeh im 15

[This message has been edited by kathryn15 (edited 02-05-2006).]

Posts: 5 | From: manchester | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
7 stone is about 98 pounds - that is actually quite a bit UNDERweight for your height. Are you eating the appropriate amount for someone who's growing? Teenagers need MORE calories than adults, because they have not yet finished developing physically. (I'm just assuming you're a teenager.) Are you healthy? Any health problems that might be causing you to lose weight?
Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Karybu is right on; at your height and weight, especially if you are 15 as your handle suggests, you should not be attempting to lose weight-- quite the opposite. Make sure that you eat at least three healthy balanced meals every day (or six smaller meals if your stomach doesn't like larger ones), and if you want a bit of chocolate or other sweet occaisionally, then go for it.
Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.