Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Sexual History..

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sexual History..
Kristin_0608
Activist
Member # 26863

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Kristin_0608     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it okay to ask your boyfriend about his sexual history? *e.g. How many girls he's been with?* I wanna know but I'm kind of afraid to just bring it up in a casual conversation. We've been dating for over a month now and we've already had sex but I was wondering if it was okay if I asked him about it...

------------------

Posts: 49 | From: Colorado | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feefiefofemme
Activist
Member # 23917

Icon 10 posted      Profile for feefiefofemme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YES! It is very much okay to ask your boyfriend about his sexual history. In fact, I would advise that you do. Especially since you two are having sex, it would be a good idea to sit down and have a talk about all that kind of stuff (past partners, STDs, etc.).

As far as your awkwardness about bringing it up goes, I think it's easiest to lead into a 'sex chat' with a classic "Snugglemuffin? I think we need to talk..." Of course you may replace Snugglemuffin with any name or petname of your choice. :)

Posts: 406 | From: California | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
summergoddess
Activist
Member # 11352

Icon 3 posted      Profile for summergoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's encouraged to do so. Communication is very important and so is honesty in the relationship.

My partner and I talked about sex and our histories early on in our relationship for our future knowledge should we decide to have sex.

I want to tell you though, regardless of how many girls your partner's had sex with or done things sexually with, don't get jealous. He's with you now. He loves you. You guys are together now. If you guys should proceed into having sex together, or doing sexual things, it's all about you guys and being in love. Don't compete with the past. Focus on you guys and enjoy in the moment. That's my two cents!

------------------
~Jules

Posts: 369 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.