Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » welt

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: welt
CaPaFo15
Neophyte
Member # 25682

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaPaFo15     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This morning when i woke up I felt a sharp pain right in between my thigh and where the lips of my vagina are. I felt down there and I felt like a sore or welt right there on my labia. Is this normal or is something wrong?
Posts: 4 | From: Atlanta,Ga,USA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you taken a look, with a mirror, to check if there actually is a sore or a welt there? If so, you need to see a doctor. I'm not sure what you meant by it feeling like a welt or sore-- did you mean it just felt tender, or did you feel a physical sore there? If it just felt sore, but didn't seem to have changed the appearance of your labia, then it was probably just a cramp-- if this sort of thing starts happenning regularly, then it would be worth seeing a doctor, but if not, then it was probably just an isolated incident.

[This message has been edited by Beppie (edited 10-10-2005).]

Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaPaFo15
Neophyte
Member # 25682

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaPaFo15     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
no, there is a welt. It feels like something is underneath the skin there. Like if you get whipped with a belt or rope on your arm or something a welt rises on your arm. It is sort of like that. It hurts also and this is the first time anything like this has ever happened. It's been there for almost two days now.
Posts: 4 | From: Atlanta,Ga,USA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are you at all sexually active right now, or have you been previously?

In addition, have you recently changed laundry detergents or soaps?

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaPaFo15
Neophyte
Member # 25682

I was sexually active about 2-3 months ago but i havent had sex since then. I have not changed laundry detergents, but my toilet tissue ran out and i started using these wipes could it be those. Also I have hemorrhoids and I use this gel and it is slippery and sometimes i can feel it running down into my vaginal area. Could these be the causes?

P.S I also had chlaymidia

Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, so sounds like there could be a lot of reasons for irritation.

That given, since isolating a single source is going to be tricky, I'd suggest you see your doctor, gynecologist or sexual health clinic, especially if you haven't had an exam and STI screen since your last sexual activity.

In the meantime, stop with the wipes and go buy some TP. If you can't get in to be seen in the next day or two, might want to try and simple warm compress on the area until you can ge an exam, and be sure to wear loose, breatheable clothing.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaPaFo15
Neophyte
Member # 25682

I did have a STI screening after my last sexually activity that is how I found out that I had chlamydia and that is why I haven't had sex since. But thanks for the info and I will definetly go and by some TP!

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.